My engine mounts! EJ8 & 95 Y21

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
Chassis: 2000 Civic EX (EJ8)
Motor/Trans: '95 JDM B16A & Y21

Alright. I've had my swap finished for some time. But I didn't do the swap. I'm going over everything. And now I'm going to get some new Hasport mounts. Basicly the problem is, I have a '95 motor and transmission which wants a bracket with bushing on the transmission and a bracket to the chassis. On a 2000 Si, the transmission wants a bracket on the trans and a bracket and bushing on the chassis side. My mechanic welded a goofy looking bracket that I may post pics of later. How can I go about cleaning up the trans mount, like; can the 2000 bracket line up with the 95 trans? Is there is clean solution? Thanks

Damn! seriously?? lol.

Lets see if I can't make it a little clearer.

All motor mounts are 2 piece, one piece has the bushing in it, the other is just the steel mount, which fit together with one rod bolt.

So,
Welded motor mount from transmission to chassis currently. Bushing is on the piece attatched to the transmission currently. In a typical 2000 Civic Si, the bushing is on the piece attatched to the frame rail, and the mount attatched to the transmission is the metal bracket.

My camera is broken...so I'm sorry there's not pictures. Umm, here's some honda diagrams showing ya'll.

mounts.bmp

Additional question

Additional question:

What durometer rating should i get? I'm thinking, because I don't care how hard it is, Most Extreme Race, 94A

Flames, props, jeers, and suggestions appricated; what do you guys think? What durometer do you guys normally run for a street car? Probably something soft....but how harsh is the 94A in a civic? My buddy has prothane extreme rated mounts in his talon and it's great, but IDK, lacking more experiance.

Im still lost on the mount deal, but as far as durometer I wouldnt go too high, you still want a little flex so your not breaking other stuff. (mounts, axles, etc.)

How about this,

Are S4C transmission mount holes and Y21 transmission mount holes the same?

Back