My engine starts tomorrow!

?

• You suck Mike&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
If everything goes as planned, my engine should start tomorrow morning, with tuning to start tomorrow afternoon. We're just trying to get one little part from Endyn to wrap up the bottom end so the oil pan can be bolted on for good...

Here are the drivetrain build details:

Golden Eagle sleeved GSR block, 85.5mm bore x 89mm stroke
CP pistons (IB Spec) with Swain Tech coatings for 12.77:1 compression
XC rings (IB again)
Probe Ultralight rods (from IB too, thanks Jeff!)
Stock B16 head (for now)
310cc RC Engineering injectors
Clutchmasters 7.5lb flywheel
ACT HD/SS clutch
JDM SiR2 transmission w/LSD (USDM ITR equivalent)
Hondata S200 with all the goodies

Here's one of the pretty pistons again:

cp_pistons_med_11.jpg

Hopefully we'll be able to pull 185-190hp and 145-150lbft at the wheels, maybe more.

Side note- I've been reading up on Hondata's site to get ready for tomorrow, and I saw a cool little link on there labelled "PalmLog." Now I don't have to build a computer for my car anymore- I just have to buy a $60 calble and build a mount for my Palm!

http://www.hondata.com/manuals/PalmLog/PalmLog.html

title_screen.gif

I'll be able to datalog on my Palm and change some settings on the fly too- like the 3 stage rev limiter (great for valet duty) and other crap without using the old school red button on the dash. Neato.

I'm excited, can't you tell? Hopefully I'll be able to have the car back for a uh... longer period of time with this engine build.

:)

I voted that you suck because, well, you do. You and your build suck. Which is exactly why you and your car need to come to the Hill Climb to prove me wrong. :D

damn, that is some crazy dome!! :)
and wtf is up with stock b16 head still? when on earth will you ever build a head already?? :)

Four words for you, Mike:

Toda Cams and Valvetrain.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 12 2004, 11:51 PM-->
I voted that you suck because, well, you do. You and your build suck. Which is exactly why you and your car need to come to the Hill Climb to prove me wrong.

I'll try. Mike = no money right now. :(

Originally posted by B16@May 13 2004, 12:01 AM
damn, that is some crazy dome!!
and wtf is up with stock b16 head still? when on earth will you ever build a head already??

When I get more money. :( I'm not exactly in a well paying job right now- it's amazing that I can even pay to get the car out of the shop tomorrow. The head will be done after the bottom end is tuned. I never had the cash to do both the head and the bottom end at the same time. I'm still shooting for 250whp in street driven trim though! If I don't get in to grad school and am able to secure another good job, then everyone will definitely see the head done... very very soon. If I get in to grad school, well- it'll be a while. At least I have two cars now- that was one of the other problems before. I didn't have another car that I could rely on before while mine was down, and now I do.

dohch22a4
@May 13 2004, 12:17 AM
Four words for you, Mike:

Toda Cams and Valvetrain.

Toda may or may not be the choice... we shall see. The headwork matters more though- so I'm seeing about $3000-4000 to complete the head, maybe a little less. That's going to take some time.

HAhhahahhha

Nah. No D series for me. D series head gasket and cracked block owned my CRX though!

:p

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 12 2004, 11:51 PM
I voted that you suck because, well, you do. You and your build suck.

:withstupid:

Pimp build, awesome lookin pistons. :thumbsup:

we got some bad ass pistons! YEA!

190-195 WHP? What the heck? you mean with B16A cams and a stock header? If you need some cams and valvetrain, I HOOK IT UP STUPID STYLE and can have you them next week!

So you can make your 240 and call it a day.

Jeff

Very nice, and inspiring to get get off my cheap ass and cough up some cash for a 1.8 or 2.0 block.

Originally posted by Import Builders+May 13 2004, 02:56 AM-->
we got some bad ass pistons! YEA!

190-195 WHP? What the heck? you mean with B16A cams and a stock header? If you need some cams and valvetrain, I HOOK IT UP STUPID STYLE and can have you them next week!

So you can make your 240 and call it a day.

Jeff

Sure Jeff- if you can wait a while for me to pay you! Me = have no cash at all for cams, valvetrain, or any head work right now. Maybe I should have yelled a little louder when Phillip was on the phone with you asking about the Jun valve springs today.

:lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 13 2004, 03:01 PM
werd mike. but, i beat you car went around the block 3 times now. lol

Mine drove around the block too- before you posted. :lol: :thumbsup:

I'm glad you got your car running too!

Originally posted by B16@May 13 2004, 09:09 PM
so... wtf cal? is she runnin or what?

Yup, it's running- but it rained all day today and it took a while to get the Motec PLM to talk to the Hondata system. Phillip's never had it working 100% before- he was always using the "look at the gauges and a/f, then guess and adjust manually" method. Two and a half years after he and I started goofing with Hondata, it's finally working correctly. It took me actually reading some manuals and talking to Javier over at Hondata, but having the a/f mapped directly against the fuel maps is definitely a good thing. We'll be able to tune a LOT better and faster now!

Soo... the maps are rich, but it runs fine. I left the car there so he can get it broken in and tuned, then finish up the power steering and have my master tech buddy redo the air conditioning system.

Then alignment, refresh brakes, scrub all the mess off the paint... it should be good.

:)

SpodaB1
@May 13 2004, 09:25 PM
I support IB Spec... Jeff is mad cool...

Definitely. Jeff has been awesome through all this! :thumbsup:

Keep Larry Widmer in your thoughts too- he was in the hospital yesterday for surgery. I think he's out now, but it's never easy doing under the knife.

Well tell him everyone from hondaswap wishes him a speedy recovery, or at least I do.

Back