MY F****** car was impouned by NJ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lucky u...man this sux...on monday the troopers r gonna come down n look at the car...i have no idea wat kinda crap theyre gonna try n pull

hey sablo, just wanted to know what the troopers said to you if they stopped by yet...also, i have madd friends in nj that have hondas with I/H/E and they pass inspection fine......were you like speedin or sumthin????? :shrug2: i dunno man, this WRX around here got a loud A$$ BOV and he never gets bothered about that. :shrug2: i just think u were at the wrong place at the wrong time. u should move down to MD, my uncle said u only have to inspect ur car when u register it or if the cops think ur car needs some work done to it. :D

i just dropped off the car for inspection waited awhile...and next thing i kno a cop is telling me my car has a stolen trans in it...well monday the troopers are coming down and investigating the matter further

what I/H/E?? induction headers exhaust???

well if thats what you meant ask them where they got their cars inspected i could sure as hell use some help here

Thanx...ill keep MD in mind :lol:

If they are checking on Monday, throw a legal tranny in there before they look at it. Just hve the paper work with some older date on it, and make your stories match.

um...thats not a bad idea...

but my car is impounded i cant get to it much less somehow get it out and tehn get it back when they already know that there was a stolen transmission in there i mean it could work if the state didnt know about it but its a bit late for that now

thanx for the idea tho

update just found out half the shit the DMV was gonna fail me for is BS and is perfectly legal

ie the suspension the headlights and heres the interesting part...

the exhaust on my car is extremely quiet i like it that way...well they failed me or were going to fail me for not having baffling which only serves to deaden noise :lol: theyre just busting my balls

I wish a pox upon all of ye for doing such ARG!!!

As an insurance adjuster you'll have two options if the tranny is stolen. Since the original owner's insurance company paid their policyholder for it as a comprehensive claim they "own" it now. If you send it to them (at your own expense), they'll just junk it and attempt to sell it for salvage. This makes the idea of just buying it for the salvage price a WIN/WIN for you both. You get to keep it and they get the salvaqge value without having toi wait an eternity for it to sell.

This is bad but I had a claim where our insured had a cop and a tow truck show up to take away her car. They were going to arrest her for possessing stolen goods but she was able to show a valid bill of sale. Turns out it was stolen from the original owners in another state and sold to a car lot . She bought it from what she thought was a reputable used car dealer (are there any? :p ).

Anyway, she had a loan for a car that she no longer owned and had to return the car to the original insurance company that paid their PH as a total loss. She wanted us to cover the loan because they were not going to let her out of it and the car dealer was refusing to give her her money back because they paid for it too.

Since it wasn't a covered loss, I don't know how it ever turned out.

so like in your honest opinion:

#1 how long does this take?
#2 what will the outcome most likely be?

never thought id see an insurane adjuster on a tuner site :lol: interesting

#1 I'd be pulling a number out of the air. Less than a week to over a month. Depends on the company and the adjuster assigned.

#2 the insurance company just wants to get the salvage value from the transmission. They don't care from whom. REALLY push that option. Don't be argumentative and ask for a supervisor if you find the first person isn't helpful.

Problem will be if the police want it as evidence or want to pursue the legal aspects of the tranny ending up in your car. Especially since your paper trail ain't exactly rock solid. Good luck!!

well the police come down tomorrow...and i see it like this please point out any and all errors in my logic

the car had a transmission installed for sure in august of 2001 (in tx) so if hte car from ca was reported prior to aug 2001 it was the shop in tx that installed the trans

but if it was after aug 2001 the guy (the previous owner) put in the trans
so like if they want it for evidence i dont get my car back right?

All they should want is the tranny but do you think they're gonna pull it? I'm sure they'd let you pay the shop to do it but its easier to transport a car than it is a transmission. Well, to a cop it is. Tow truck vs. lugging it around. I digress.

More than likely the shop in TX bought a hot tranny and didn't know it and put it in. However, its been said earlier that there are shops in Dallas/Houston boosting parts when they "repair" cars. I would hope the previous owner wouldn't have to take out a clean tranny and install a stolen one in such a short time frame. I'd try to put it all on the shop. Knowingly or unwittingly it surely looks as if they have caused you a MAJOR amount of BS.

The burdon of proof is own the police to show you knew the tranny was hot; at least beyond a reasonable doubt. Possessing it is bad. Having a reciept showing the tranny was put in prior to you owning it is good. The coup de gras would be if the treanny serial number is on the invoice from the TX shop. I'd say that would pull your ass outta the frying pan.

My .02

Very helpful...just for an update i called the inspection station again today and the troopers had already finished their lookaround or w/e...and at that point they decided not to ship my car out tehy had the ability to do so and there were like 3 cars tehre including mine all that had stolen parts and whatnot they shipped one car out but it seems tehy left mine alone for the time being

Analysis anyone?
Good or bad?

your .02 is the best insight ive had during this whole ordeal it is greatly appreciated

Glad to help..

I'd say VERY good. Since the cops don't seem to want it and the list of stuff that needed to be done was mostly BS, what's holding it up now?

idk im gonna try calling again tomorrow...but i think if they didnt haul it away id say im in pretty good shape...its ironic my car needed a new bov...and i had to wait and wait today i get my BOV but i have no car to put it on... :lol:

:suicide: someone should make an icon w/ a smiley blowing its brains out...would come in handy

ok...i tried calling today at like 2pm and everyone was gone for the day...do these dmv guys ever work? :wtf:

o well ill try callin again tom...and im working on :suicide: :lol:

hey guys back again from the torture that is NJ and its DMV...well it looks like there is no way in hell ill be able to get my civ thru inspection so im looking at this

www.cardomain.com/id/boostingsil80

i posted it just to see what you guys think of it...the hatch is rusted but a replacement costs like 200

the car is titled in maryland and i dont think the current owner has it titled in his name

the car is in great shape but are like 3rd party titles (i think thats what this is) a pain in the ass

would you guys rock this?

thats a phat civic you have there and i would be pissed to see it all go down the drain. best civic coupe i've seen in a while :worthy:

dude i wish it was that simple

unfortunately this is jersey the only place where...you know what im not even gonna get started...this place fucking sucks

Back