My Farewell To HS...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B he might not be able to check back in you might have the state of CA bann if that crap passes

Good luck Dude i know some one that went to UTI in Chicago and they scored a awsome job at bmw dealer

I'm still alive :D

Today was my last day of Basic Engine. I passed the class with a 96%. I got 96% for both lecture and lab so obviously, my grade averaged to a 96%. The goal was 100% and to get the class Pin for highest grade but it didn't pan out like I hoped :( I was on pace till about our 5th test but I ended up getting 90's on test numbers 5, 6, and 9. I got a 95% on my final. I was pissed because the questions I missed I either read the question wrong or just had a brain fart :mad: I'm having fun though. Learning tons of shit that you think you know the answer to and you really don't lol.

On Monday I start Under-Car, which is basically suspension.

UTI seriously has the best/latest technology and all students and staff have access to anything needed. Both my cars need alignments and since i'm going to Under-Car next, I get to do the alignments on my own vehicles while getting points for lab work along with extra credit.

We are having a car show on the 16th, so if any SoCal peeps wanna go, hit me up and we can chill. The event is free BTW... Automotive Technician Training in Southern California - Rancho Cucamonga, CA - UTI.edu

Thanks Everyone :D

My goal is to get into BMW STEP after graduation. BMW can send me to any dealer in the country after i'm done. So i'll keep you guys updated. You might see me in a town near you :)

hey man if your wanting those soc pins they only give em based on lab scores if theres a tie than they will go off of class grades concentrate on the lab more and you will grab more pins..........just a little fYI

hey man if your wanting those soc pins they only give em based on lab scores if theres a tie than they will go off of class grades concentrate on the lab more and you will grab more pins..........just a little fYI
Not according to all the teachers and staff i've talked to lol.

im done with core and thats how its is hear at at NTI
NTI and UTI are still different. They are part of the same program but they still do things differently from each other in certain ways. I'll find out for sure though tomorrow when I report for under-car. How long was your core program? I'm thinking of adding the 9-week smog elective...

my core is 16 phases but we also are required to take racing engines as a core here...........anyways good luck under car is pretty easy just make sure to pay good attention to the steering systems & components lecture if you want a msat take as many classes as you can

So, i'm all done with core now :D My last day of core was last Friday.

I managed to get 8 Student of the Course Awards out of 17 courses. I got Courses 2 - Power and Performance 1A, 4 - Fuels and Ignition, 5 - Drivability and Emissions, 22 - Electrical Diagnosis, 26 - Advanced Diagnostics, 29 - Power and Performance 1b, 35 - Service Writing, and 36 - Advanced Electrical Diagnosis.

Between school, work, and my kids, I was lucky to get 5 hours of sleep a day. 6 hours if it wasn't my day to drive for my car pool. These are collective hours lol. I never got these hours in one straight shot lol. I feel like I could have gotten all 17 Student of the Course awards if I just had more rest.

Oh BTW - eg'sforlife, you were right about them going by Lab scores first. The instructor who told me otherwise was mistaken...

So now i'm on a 6 week break until I go back for the Mercedes program. The program is 12 weeks long. I'm excited :D I should be working for a Mercedes dealer around mid September.

Wish me luck :)

The possibility of me going to a Mercedes dealer outside of Cali is high. So I may end up near one of you Fockers on the east coast :ph34r: :lol:

And out of Cali means kiss the smog B.S. laws good-bye....thats a huge plus to attempt to compensate for the humidity and cold ass winters lol Can you say.....K-Swap? I know I would have one if I could!

And if you go...let me know about that 2.5" cat we talked about....I just bought a 98+ spec JDM ITR header and I need to figure soemthing out

Back