1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first Android

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by eg6sir, Sep 22, 2010.

1. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

alright.. went and talked to a buddy of mine that works for Verizon last night.. my upgrade wasnt supposed to be until March, but he talked to his boss and got me and early upgrade.. sooo, i'll be going w/ an Android phone, just not sure which .. i like the Droid X, but its just too big.. not really too fond of Samsung phones, had problems w/ them in the past .. right now its down to the HTC Incredible and the Droid 2, both w/ their own perks .. i like the real keyboard on the Droid 2, but the speed and interface of the HTC also has my attention .. whats your guys thoughts on this?

right now i have the EnV3 so any of them will be a nice step up

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I've had this Fascinate Galaxy S for a few weeks, I don't like touch screens but so far I'm pretty fond of it. I have 5 pages on my default 'browser'. I have one set up with work stuff like direct numbers, vm, and various apps. Then I have pandora and youtube on another page and my browser and games on another.

Don't shrug off Samsung phones because of the past experience, this one is by far the best touch screen I've ever used.

3. eg6sir

have u used any other touch screens for a few weeks at a time though?

4. eg6sir

5. eg6sir

Jeffie, where ya at? i know you've used/owned several of these phones.. whats your thoughts on it?? how do you like the Incredible, my buddy loves his

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I have an Incredible; modded(rooted, Virtuous OS and kernel, revolution theme), and love it! Though there were some people with battery issues that HTC still hasn't fix(related to Android 2.2/Froyo); though I don't think a new phone would have these issues since it already comes with Froyo.

I'm actually running a larger 1500mAh battery right now(from the Evo, Touch Pro-2, etc.); and very noticeable improvement over the stock 1300mAh. These can be had for about $15 shipped off ebay(seller bidallies or hitechcloseout sell genuine new ones).

7. eg6sir

yea. i'm leaning more towards the HTC .. i've seen how fast it is

8. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

With Apps2SD, you really only need enough internal memory for the OS.

10. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

what a coincidence. anandtech just put up a great review of Droid 2 against a couple of other phones inlcuding the iphone4 and HTC Incredible.

Motorola Droid 2 Review: Rebooting the Droid - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Specs-wise it seems the Droid 2 owns in both performance, LCD quality and battery life.

Both phones run Froyo 2.2 and have 512MB of RAM but HTC has 1.0ghz Snapdragon and Droid has Cortex A8 @ 700mhz. But A8 is a newer revision so it makes up for the lower clock speed.

Anyway, im personally waiting to see Win Mobile 7 and see how the phones compare because Win will have min. spec requirements. This should up everybody's hardware as well so they can win in e-peen wars.

11. eg6sir

i didnt see the Incredible mentioned anywhere in that article.. just the first Droid and the Droid X .. seems like they're just comparing Motorolas

12. eg6sir

man, i dont know what i want.. lol.. i kinda like the Droid X now..

whatever it is, i may be selling it in the near future.. so best resell value comes into play too.. i have a friend who works at Motorola and put me on a list for tester phones before they're released.. he got me in too late or i would have had a Droid 2 in my hands months ago.. so i'm first on the list for the next phone they're gonna be releasing .. if i like it enough to use it only, the other will be sold

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  13. 93tigger

93tigger New Member

I have a droid 2, I like it, but if I could go back, I would of picked the incredible. my 2cents

14. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

i wouldn't count memory as anything important. a 32gb sd card can be had for 20 bucks...

15. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

I love my Motorola Droid, Brittany and I got them when they were buy one get one free.

16. eg6sir

17. newb

newb phresh VIP

Ive liked my HTC phones.

18. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

the benchmark data is where everything is. i think you just read the first few pages, but if you read the article from cellular performance and onward, it should include numbers and data.

anyway, yeah i think the next round of phones are gonna be bad ass. been waiting for it myself... stick with a tmobile shadow with a whopping 200mhz pos processor for almost 3 years. :ph34r:

19. eg6sir

i read the entire article i posted .. they both have a 1ghz processor .. i think i'll be going w/ the Droid 2 .. like i said, i've been using an EnV3 for the past 2 years and have gotten used to the real keyboard.. and with posting on here and what not, i think it'd suit me much better .. i've tried touchscreen keyboards and its not happening.. lol.. so Droid 2 it is

20. eg6sir

another reason i'm gonna go w/ a Motorola is because my best friend works as an engineer at Motorola.. so if i need anything done to it, he can do it..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted