my first Android

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know about the Moto's but I know on the HTC phones(EVO and Incredible) that after the Froyo 2.2 update, ATK killed battery life due to Froyo starting those programs back up right away.

I've noticed there is shit always open anytime I open it

My lady friends Evo is the same way. It opens a boat load of shit to run in the background. I have been meaning to do some looking to see if there was anyway to kill the process until reboot.

From what I've read, Froyo precaches the programs but they aren't actually running...but if they are then it can kill the batteries(especially if it's using network). Some guys with the Incredible just figured out that Amazon MP3, which was included in the update and is one of the non-killable apps, was updating frequently and killing the battery.

I should mention I didn't have a problem with ATK; though I did not use the auto-kill feature.

I didn't notice a change in my battery life after 2.2 but I've run task killer since day 1, I also shortened the lite screen time and turned off the vibrate on touch. Only time my phone doesn't make it a full work day is if I'm on it way too much. For the most part I'll have half battery life by night.

If its a heavy use day, the battery does get taxed pretty hard. Thankfully any Micro USB cable and a computer will work. No need to ask anyone for an itunes/ipad/iphone cable. =)~

I didn't notice a change in my battery life after 2.2 but I've run task killer since day 1, I also shortened the lite screen time and turned off the vibrate on touch. Only time my phone doesn't make it a full work day is if I'm on it way too much. For the most part I'll have half battery life by night.

If its a heavy use day, the battery does get taxed pretty hard. Thankfully any Micro USB cable and a computer will work. No need to ask anyone for an itunes/ipad/iphone cable. =)~
And if there is an Apple fan around, you can use their wall wart with a Mini USB to charge yours.

Hmmm that is a great article. I may have to uninstall ATK from the girlfriends phone and ask her if she noticed any difference in performance or battery usage.

And if there is an Apple fan around, you can use their wall wart with a Mini USB to charge yours.

Every new phone and headset outside of apple brand = mini usb as a charger.
Only apple products use that apple cable.

The odds are much better for someone to have a mini usb at a random place then apple stuff.

yeah i just got the droid 2 yesterday. and very pleased about all it cand do. i too had to make the tough decision of choosing between the X inredible and Droid 2

Back