My first EF build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prophetmp

Hello all, BIG NOOB here, and I'm looking into my first real build. Im starting with an ef, and I was looking to get about 350-420hp out of it, i know whatever i go with it will be turbo-ed. The car will most likely be driven 2-3 days a week, i want to keep it on the street. I've been reading up and I think my choices are either a b18b or build a b20b with a b18c head? As for the budget, i'll be buying it a part at a time, so put the total around 25k over the next 5 years or so. A really slow build, would be an under statement. I'm really worried about the amount of work it will take, but this whole thing will be a learning experience me. One last thing I'm debating on is what tranny and suspension setup will help get this hatch off the line with the least amount of slip. If i'm heading in the wrong direction, or i'm not asking the question the right way, just let me know. Help a young grasshopper out!

I also posted this in ef-honda.com as well, just trying to get alot of input.

im right there with ya man im doin a zc swap on my ef and i dont really know anything about them. i got a frined and work a honda store ill ask him for ya.

Well, at least you admitted you're a noob :).

For that kind of power I'd go with a built B-Series. Go with something like a GSR, your goals will be far easier to attain with that engine. You could get away with stock sleeves for awhile. But, if you're using this as a daily driver you will want reliability above all. So, your best bet will be to resleeve the engine, replace all bearings and seals, add new pistons/rods, ARP rod bolts, ARP head studs, etc.

If you build it right the first time, you won't regret it later on. Take the time to do it right.

Back