my first honda project well really its my first project period!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can do the head gasket with the motor in the vehicle, no problem. You may have to have some machine work done on the head, depends on whether it has warped or not.. It'll all be outlined in the manual.

just gotta say man your lucky your starting with a good base, i started with my little d series and henceforth scrapped that p.o.s. and now im puttin in the gsr.
mhm can you smell badassness?

yeah well at least all i need to fix is a head gasket and the synchros. Could be alot worse off. Already got some wheels and tires. Taking the spoiler off and then putting the new head gasket on. I will have my wife send me pics. She is a grease monkee LOL.

BTW what is a good head gasket to get or should i just get any old head gasket to replace it. Well any suggestions please let me know.

I would stick with OEM Honda for a headgasket. Should be around $65 from a dealer.

Good start of a car... Good simple engine with alot of mods, a Sol is fun to drive even threw the tight corners or doing a highway pull :) anywayz hope ya come back from over there I leave december 5th for Aphganistan

I should be posting some pics tomorrow wifey took off the spoiler and is throwing on the rims tomorrow. Will update ASAP.

1855.jpg

so the update is no more ugly wing and the rims have came in. Let me know what you think!!!

iv just bout a b16a vtech engine but it has no crank sensore on it but my old b16a vtech does is it possable to take the crank sensor of my old engine and put it on the new one and how would i go about dooing so if you could help that would b great thank you

iv just bout a b16a vtech engine but it has no crank sensore on it but my old b16a vtech does is it possable to take the crank sensor of my old engine and put it on the new one and how would i go about dooing so if you could help that would b great thank you

start a new thread if you have questions.

So the thing with the body is the weather stripping is cracked. Can you replace that or can a body shop replace that?

So the thing with the body is the weather stripping is cracked. Can you replace that or can a body shop replace that?

Yes, it can be replaced. You can order new weather stripping from the dealer. Check online to see if you can find it cheaper...

Back