My First Rebuild Y7/Z6 mini-me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Last edited:
Here's what came in the mail today from Diller (member of DSO). This thing is barely used and the filter is like new:
IMG_0532.jpg

And he tossed in a Vstack for little to nothing, so I figured why not.
IMG_0530.jpg

:TU:

Last edited:
keep up the awesome work. this is going to be one solid running engine. :thumbsup: for doing it right the first time

even though you dont need it.. Good luck! looks great gunna rip!

Thankz Snaponkid. Trust me, luck has been on my side for a change with this endeavor so far, I need as much as I can get in order to finish it ;)

Ninja Edit: sent the ecu off to get Neptuned...Muwhaahahahahaaaaa

I had somebody on another forum ask if I planned to "gasket match" the Hondata gasket, I said no and this is why:
IMG_0552.jpg

Roof
IMG_0551.jpg

right side
IMG_0550.jpg

left side
IMG_0549.jpg

Pretty flush where it counts
then I held it on the intake mani
IMG_0544.jpg

Looks good enough to me

Last edited:
My dad and I built a Y7 block a year ago or so. The Y7 oil pump and crank starve the motor from oil. The oil pump can be bored or you can use a D16Z6 oil pump but the dipstick needs to be drilled into the block like the older style D series motors. And I'd advise not to use the Y7 crank, the mail oil squirters to the bearings are only drilled half way through the crank while the other cranks are drilled straight through. Other than that we found the blocks are the same and just as strong.

My dad and I built a Y7 block a year ago or so. The Y7 oil pump and crank starve the motor from oil. The oil pump can be bored or you can use a D16Z6 oil pump but the dipstick needs to be drilled into the block like the older style D series motors. And I'd advise not to use the Y7 crank, the mail oil squirters to the bearings are only drilled half way through the crank while the other cranks are drilled straight through. Other than that we found the blocks are the same and just as strong.

Right on bro good advice...but I have a D16Z6 crank that is going in, and plan to port a new oem Y7 pump aswell. :ph34r:

damn you have a nice head... :ph34r:

FAGS

I'm definitely glad I sent it to Dustin, not only did it turn out perfect, he was also great to do buisness with (Great Guy!), and the price was right which is always a plus. ;)

Ninja EDIT: I just noticed your "FAGS" invisible tag there. I'll assume that stands for: "Funky A$$ Ganksta $hit" :rimshot:

Last edited:
Mr. Easter Bunny stopped by to check out how the progress was comming along on the build. He said I needed to get this bad boy done so we could take a ride out to the Bunny Ranch!
IMG_0554.jpg

Last edited:
Ninja EDIT: I just noticed your "FAGS" invisible tag there. I'll assume that stands for: "Funky A$$ Ganksta $hit" :rimshot:[/QUOTE]

lmao you got it

Back