My First Rebuild Y7/Z6 mini-me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ninja EDIT: I just noticed your "FAGS" invisible tag there. I'll assume that stands for: "Funky A$$ Ganksta $hit" :rimshot:

lmao you got it[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know you want to play with my head Ethan but I'm saving it for a more serious commitment :p

Thankz to Cfab my P28 ECU is Neptune RTP ready
IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0561_1.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0559_1.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's a sad update, but stuff happens then I went on a camping/rafting vacation so sue me.
I did free up my bills for the next paycheck and got this for $99 @ HF:
IMG_0709.jpg

More will be comming soon....I hope!

Last edited:
Picked up a AEM CAI (tube only) for $30 shipped from a member of DSO.
I'll repaint it and will be able to swap between this and my short ram as needed.

IMG_0867.jpg

More updates are on the way!

Last edited:
<---This Guy racked in 26 overtime hours last week too, so some shitt is about to go down!!!

Yeah That's Right MoFo's I got my pistons in today:

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Last edited:
I know I know, we're all waiting for "REAL" updates. I have a few parts comming, and will have more on the way next week. I may even get this dang block in the shop soon. But untill then I got this crazy looking monster in the mail. It's made by Brownline (I never heard of them) and I only payed $99 shipped w/ the cool "blown plastic" case and all. This 1/2" drive torque wrench is fricken huge at about 22-1/2inch and ranges from 15-150 ft/lbs. I havn't got to really play with it yet but despite the fact it prolly won't do alot of good inside the engine bay I think I can put it to good use.
Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

I'll do a product review on it one day

Last edited:
The brand name sounds horrible lol

Great build! I especially like the copper gasket spray for the head gasket I spotted.

Thankz lol! That's an interesting thing to comment about in a build thread, "I gotz that mad tyte JDM copper spray yo" hehe :p J/K!. It really depends, I may not even use it for the head gasket, it will for sure end up on the exhaust mani gasket though.

So I got a pretty decent pay check today and couldn't decide which dirrection to spend it, I'm sure this happens to everybody. So I came up with this great idea that I would write down 3 different companies that I wanted to give buisness to on 6 little pieces of paper (I would've spent about the same amount at each place but could only pick one) I also wrote the word "save" on 2 more little pieces of paper. I took the 8 pieces of paper and folded them up nice and tight and tossed them into a hat. Of course you know where this is going, so I had somebody pick a piece of paper out of the hat........needless to say I shouldn't have put "save" as an option. Guess we'll be waiting pretty much till next month to see how well that plan worked :imstupid:

I noticed the copper gasket spray because I use it for every build and highly recommend it.

Not a bad thing to save, I wish I did it instead of buying everything in front of me lol. I have jus had too many good deals come along to save! Keep trucking we will all be watching.

Got 2 little packages today, one with the lanyard, and the other with the ES engine mount inserts.
IMG_0919.jpg

Oh, and I said screw the saving bit and packed up the block parts to go to the shop tomorrow.
IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

Last edited:

Are you saying bye to my money or, your going on vacation, I got banned and didn't know it, bye bye miss american pie, = "spend it/buy" in Canadian??? :huh:

Thankz for the support, i think ^_^

So I got off work @ 8am yesterday and took the 3 hour trip to the machine shop. He looked over everything and mostly was happy with it all at first glance, exept with the Z6 crank.
I can only blame myself for not cleaning the crank and buying micrometer(which will be next on the list ) to check it for specs before I took it to the shop. The crank just happened to be "dirty" where there had been a spun bearing. He checked it out and basically said that he'll "try" to grind it and it will either make it to specs or it won't. I can't really be mad about it as I've had alot of luck in buying used parts so far *knock on wood*, and if nothing else it will make a great lamp . The down fall to this news is that my EX tranny came from the same source, sooo I guess I'll have to learn how to crack it open and make sure it's in better shape than the crank was :mad:.

Last edited:
Back