my first snag

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

Ok so I got the new engine in. (B16sir2)(JDM) and now i realize that since it was right hand drive, the wire harnesses are on the wrong sides. Has anyone ran into this problem, and how did you solve it...I managed to stretch one of them below the intake manifold and plug it in on the passenger side but the one that is attached to the engine on the passenger side...which needs to go to the driver side is too short. Any ideas?

Oh yeah and which radiator will i need...mine seems to be too small. Thanks.

By the way I have a 92 civic cx

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok so I got the new engine in. (B16sir2)(JDM) and now i realize that since it was right hand drive, the wire harnesses are on the wrong sides. Has anyone ran into this problem, and how did you solve it...I managed to stretch one of them below the intake manifold and plug it in on the passenger side but the one that is attached to the engine on the passenger side...which needs to go to the driver side is too short. Any ideas?

Oh yeah and which radiator will i need...mine seems to be too small. Thanks.

By the way I have a 92 civic cx
Your radiator is fine.
You need to get an usdm harness, 95 Del Sol VTEC or similar obd1.. even the CX harness would work if you have that (just have to add to it)?

yes, but it'd be cheaper to just add the wires for vtec to your stock harness.

Installed the old cx harness and i think i have got it figured out but there seems to be a couple of extra wires left over...one next to where the battery and intake manifold opening is (used to go to map sensor on cx) and the other is on the driver side behind the intake manifold where there is nowhere to connect it to. any thoughts? do i just tuck thes away somewhere?

If I'm thinking right, the CX had the map sensor on the throttle body and the SiR2 B16 had the map sensor mounted to the firewall. You'll need to get the map sensor from the B16 and put it in the car. Run a vacuum line from the intake manifold for the map sensor, and plug the plug in...pretty self explanatory, actually. I'm not sure what the other plug you're talking about is, you shouldn't have any plugs left over that I can think of...what color are the wires on it?

wait...you mean i have to get the map sensor from the d15b8 (cx) or a map sensor from a b16? as far as the other wires i will have to go look again...maybe i can take a picture.

You'll need the map sensor from the B16, the one that mounts on the firewall. Didn't your swap come with one?

no i didnt see one...i did notice a vaccuum line hanging from the intake manifold that split into 2 lines but i did not know where they went.

ok i just got off the phone with hmotorsonline and he said i need to use the one from the d15b8 and that it would work guaranteed. I'll go put it on after work today and see if it works.

If the one from your D-series was mounted to the throttle body, it ain't gonna work...

yeah the d series map was mounted to the top of the im right next to where the intake tube attaches. So wtf? hmotors says that because it is jdm it did not come with one and to go ahead and use the one off the cx.

Hmotors just doesn't want to have to send you a map sensor. Their 'all sensor guaranteed unbroken and in working order' thing sucks. Consequently, the distributor on the motor I just got doesn't work.

:shrug2:

ok the one on the passenger side i cant find a home for has a white wire, green w/ white stripe wire, and a yellow w/ red stripe wire.
The one on the driver side is a round plug with a red wire and a yellow with a black stripe

i took a picture but havent figured out how to attach it yet.

i have everything hooked up now except the sensor plug with the red wire and yellow/black wire. I'm almost positive its the evap purge... on the old cx engine the unit sits on the driver side of the intake manifold with a vacuum line coming out that loops back to a lower part of the IM. The new engine does not have this piece. it does have the spot where it would bolt to but no bolt hole and no nipple for the vacuum line to attatch.

If it IS the evap purge, it won't affect anything if you dont use it. I would be able to remember the exact wire colors if I were sober, but I'm pretty drunk...

But, if it is in fact the evap purge, you don't need it.

Back