my first swap ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

k heres what im gonna be putting into my car first of all im keeping it obd0 and heres what ill be putting in :
b18b (95' ls motor)
b16 dist. 1st gen
crx si ecu
b16 cable tranny
and im sticking with my HF wire harness
now with this info in mind when i pull the motor is there anything i should mark or specifically remember for the motor going in? im mainly worried about the vaccum lines how do i remeber where they go for the new motor? and for the wire harness is there an easy way to remember where all the ends of the harness go? take pics? mark it off? whats recommended the most keep in mind this is my first swap so help me out as much as possible thnx -mike

of, u will also need obd0 injectors with ur distributor. DONT use the Si ecu, it will KILL ur engine, the fuel mapping's are WAY off. get an Obd0 LS ecu. also, a b16a cable tranny will KILL u on the freeway, u will be at around 5000RPM at about 65 mph. it will be good for the track, but track only. i suggest the LS tranny.u will also need engine mounts, for B series into ef, integra clutch and throttle cable, and it is always smart to put in a new clutch while the engine is out of the car.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 26 2003, 01:11 AM
of, u will also need obd0 injectors with ur distributor. DONT use the Si ecu, it will KILL ur engine, the fuel mapping's are WAY off. get an Obd0 LS ecu. also, a b16a cable tranny will KILL u on the freeway, u will be at around 5000RPM at about 65 mph. it will be good for the track, but track only. i suggest the LS tranny.u will also need engine mounts, for B series into ef, integra clutch and throttle cable, and it is always smart to put in a new clutch while the engine is out of the car.

Ok he definitely WONT be at 5000rpm at 65(im assuming you mean he will be in 5th), he'll be in 3rd or 4th at that speed and rpm. Definitely NOT 5th.

keep the ECU, maybe you might need it for a LS/VTEC swap in the futre..u never know...

better for you to use the LS ECU on the stock motor...(90-91 integra ECU)

AS FOR THE TRANNY
trust me, keep the B16A tranny, you will accelarate faster than if you had the LS tranny.

YES it will be reving higher on the highway while your just cruising....but that is a sacrifice i make and i am not sorry i did...

PLUS if in the future you got the VTEC HEAD on the block....you will already have a GOOD tranny for your setup.

Originally posted by chingro@Sep 27 2003, 02:33 PM
keep the ECU, maybe you might need it for a LS/VTEC swap in the futre..u never know...

better for you to use the LS ECU on the stock motor...(90-91 integra ECU)

AS FOR THE TRANNY
trust me, keep the B16A tranny, you will accelarate faster than if you had the LS tranny.

YES it will be reving higher on the highway while your just cruising....but that is a sacrifice i make and i am not sorry i did...

PLUS if in the future you got the VTEC HEAD on the block....you will already have a GOOD tranny for your setup.

Yeh i agree on the tranny. I would only use ls trans from turbo set ups.

is the CRX an si, or DX? what trim is it? If it's a DX tehn you must also convrt from DPFI to MPFI...

yea is an HF so i dont have to worry about that but im still worried about the ecu. would it be ok if i used my afc to fix the air/fuel ratio???? i dont wanna have to buy another ECU so please let me know asap thnx -mike

Back