My Garage (56k go away)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

on that license plate box on that accord, did you weld in a steel license plate box, grind down smooth and then used the body filler to smooth it out? please say that you did because that looks like an awful lof of body filler to me especially around the sides....unless of course MAYBE you had some warping, then i can see all that filler being used.

just curious...

Holy freakin BONDO batman! Nice shop bro. Mines similar with cars and shit thrown everywhere though :) :worthy:

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Feb 23 2004, 12:03 AM
on that license plate box on that accord, did you weld in a steel license plate box, grind down smooth and then used the body filler to smooth it out? please say that you did because that looks like an awful lof of body filler to me especially around the sides....unless of course MAYBE you had some warping, then i can see all that filler being used.

just curious...

ya i welded in a metal peice for the license plate hole....actually the steel part you see it part of the whole panel that i fabricated from sheet metal, which i then welded in and ground etc. also the reason why it look s like therre is so much fiberglass is because i had to put a little extra where its darker in roder to keep the shape of the trunk itself ill post up some pics when its done or closer to done ill assure ya itll look good ;)

ohya the accord is my daily driver that u see in my sig as well

Jeeze, I've got a one car garage that barely has enough room to house a CRX. And thanks to several rolls of carpet I have about 1.5' of room on the drivers side to work :)

I love that garage, but you need to take more advantage of wall space over floor space.

Move the tool box to the middle of the two parking spots, tuck the welder where the box was, and tuck the engine stands under the workbench and pull them out when you have a full floor. Buy a couple of cheap stools to work on the engines / at the workbench and build a rack arm that swings the dust-chamber up high on the wall. That's a lot of shop space that thing takes up (Or is that a sand blaster?)

-> Steve

Tuck a top loading parts washer under the sandblaster thing and then just hoist the sandblaster up high to move it out of the way.

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 23 2004, 04:18 PM
I love that garage, but you need to take more advantage of wall space over floor space.

Move the tool box to the middle of the two parking spots, tuck the welder where the box was, and tuck the engine stands under the workbench and pull them out when you have a full floor. Buy a couple of cheap stools to work on the engines / at the workbench and build a rack arm that swings the dust-chamber up high on the wall. That's a lot of shop space that thing takes up (Or is that a sand blaster?)

-> Steve

Tuck a top loading parts washer under the sandblaster thing and then just hoist the sandblaster up high to move it out of the way.

ya its a sandblaster...and its way to big and heaby to just hoist around anywhere you want it to go, but thats alright ive moved things around a few times now to get the right fit and the bast way of having things to work. Also my toolbox is actually in a little spot that sits back in the wall so its not even really taking up any valuable space. also i have 3 workbenches that all are not tall enough to put my engine stand under but 2 of them have usefull shelving under them and the other has another toolbox and an anvil under it. But for the most part i think im work efficiently setup :)

Back