My Garage just got faster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P2 450 MMX you lamer.

Dear Clayton:

Kaori's machine must have an IP address. I have a cable for you right now, and will be bringing it down. It's 40 furlong and half a rat deep.

But we need to decide what she'll be running as an IP address. Right click on "Network Neighborhood" in Win98 (not the Japanese version) and go to Properties. There click on TCP/IP properties, and put this info in for the lines:

Her address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: (Your Current IP Address in the Garage machine)

-> Steve
It may work now without the new cable. Give it a shot.

CELERITY IS DA MAN!!!!!

He made a patch cable last night.....and dropped it off today, and when I just plugged it in...everything on the network came alive.....the wife now has teh intarnet.....

Thanks Steve.....

But...it's just about 20 ft too short.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Mar 19 2004, 05:49 PM
CELERITY IS DA MAN!!!!!

He made a patch cable last night.....and dropped it off today, and when I just plugged it in...everything on the network came alive.....the wife now has teh intarnet.....

Thanks Steve.....

it only works because...

after he tried all those wiring combos which i told him were WRONG, he copied my original cable wiring. :lol:

Oh that does it kid. I have your stinkin' cable right here buddy - And I'm posting pics TONIGHT.

-> Steve

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Mar 19 2004, 10:23 PM-->
Airjockie
@Mar 19 2004, 05:49 PM
CELERITY IS DA MAN!!!!!

Thanks Steve.....

it only works because...

after he tried all those wiring combos which i told him were WRONG, he copied my original cable wiring. :lol:

I copied your original cable...and it didn't work....and the cable I made didn't require tape to hold the wires together.... ;)

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 19 2004, 11:15 PM
Oh that does it kid. I have your stinkin' cable right here buddy - And I'm posting pics TONIGHT.

-> Steve

go ahead and post pics. peer to peer worked fine before you all decided to move the damn pc to the garage.

TurboMirage's ethernet wiring kit:
DSC00789.jpg

Celerity's ethernet wiring kit:
DSC00786.jpg

-> Steve

Back