my grilfriend is getting a 04 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

i cant wait till she picks it up :D i know there a little slow but i think there cool lookin. posting pics of the car when she gets it :D

awesome :D

the stock throw is pretty long, though, and it takes some getting used to. it's an odd looking car, but i like it :)

what color is the one your girlfriend is getting?

Well, I own an '02 SI and they are not slow, maybe stock, but after I/H/E I can beat the 99-00 SI with the same mods. I would just say get Hondata, it is $600, but well worth it. 10 WHP, 6 pounds of torque, and a 7700 redline, she will be dusting every 99-00 she sees. That is how the SI should have come out of the dealer, I don't know why they didn't do that. With Hondata 0-60 is shaved by 1 second and quater mile goes down about half a second if not more. I like all the colors for the SI, blue is good.

I think the new Si's are too wedgy...

Although it dosen't look wedgy at all compared to the Honda Kiwami:

03tms_honkiwa_1.jpg

:D

I'm sorry for your girlfriend.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 9 2004, 02:21 PM
Well, I own an '02 SI and they are not slow, maybe stock, but after I/H/E I can beat the 99-00 SI with the same mods. I would just say get Hondata, it is $600, but well worth it. 10 WHP, 6 pounds of torque, and a 7700 redline, she will be dusting every 99-00 she sees. That is how the SI should have come out of the dealer, I don't know why they didn't do that. With Hondata 0-60 is shaved by 1 second and quater mile goes down about half a second if not more. I like all the colors for the SI, blue is good.

Seeing as how it has a more powerful motor & half the weight of a 99-00 Si, it should be able to smoke them, but it doesn't. Personally, I hate the new Si... it looks like a shrunken minivan & the power really disappoints me. If they put that motor in the Civic body style of the 04 Ex, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

What does the new Si run on the 1/4 mile, with and without mods? I definitely agree that the best mod, and first mod, she should make is the Hondata. Tuning can make the biggest difference in the world.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 9 2004, 01:49 PM
silver > white > blue > new si's

lol sorry

hahaha!! I saw that one coming...

blue > black > white > silver

If they had no blue, i'd get black... no blue or black, i'd get white, what no white? fuck it then...order me a blue one. :D

Well I have seen a lot of different times for the new SI, I have seen 15.7 up to 16.1, with 0-60 of 7.6 to 8.1. I tried doing a 0-60 before I had anything done to my SI, and I got a 7.8 and 7.9 I never tried any 1/4 mile stock. But after my bolt-ons, no Hondata, I can run 15.4-15.6 consistantley, so I figure 15.9 right in the middle is probably a realistic stock time. But like I said, I think that the only reason the new SI is slower, is because they put too much damn weight into the damn thing, it is like 160 lbs more than the 99-00 SI.

I still think that Honda should have released the SI with the Hondata specs from the factory, and kept the "high reving" aspect of the SI intanct, but oh well for $600 an older SI with bolt-ons just won't hang with chipped new one. If I had Hondata, I could probably run a 15 flat 1/4, so for about $1200 more, you can have a 15 second SI, but then again after $1200 you are getting pretty close to the price of a turbo kit. Oh well, I love my SI, but I hate the engine, I want REAL VTEC so... I am saving up for my K20A2, I can't wait.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 9 2004, 12:21 PM
she will be dusting every 99-00 she sees.

uhh yeah I don't know about that one.

I want REAL VTEC so... I am saving up for my K20A2, I can't wait.

Yes the REAL VTEC is so much better than the FAKE kind. <_<

she is also lookin in to the new scion aswell

one day when we both have off we are going to take a road trip to the nearest scion dealer. the tc is has the same hp as the si. my gf didn't like where the shifter is in the 04 but she still might get

Back