My h22/23 frankenstein

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DesertNightEagle

Well i'm not sure if you guys remember me, its been atleast 3 months now. but i was building a h22/23 frankenstein engine. I originally planning to go all motor or nitrous but i just recently went a different route. I had crower stage 2a cams in there and was planning to use it with the imagine engineering header. well when i recieve news that my header would not be made i decided to go turbo. that meant i had to switch out my radical cams. so i went with crower stage 1 cams that are made for street/turbo setups. I probably have $12000 invested in the engine. Port job, cams & camgears, bottom end work (sleeves, new crank and pistons), intake manifold, throttlebody, turbo w/ exhaust manifold & wastegate and intercooler, Golden eagle oil plumbing kit and a few other stuff to basically the convert everything to make the head work with the block.

gallery_21906_80_1092456367.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1092456227.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1092456109.jpg

the engine right now looks a little different from those pictures because i repainted the block and i did some work to the oil pan to get the oil to flow better from the turbo(i borrow some parts from a G5 aka Gulfstream 5, a jet) I'll post more pictures when i start to wrap up this project. I would be done with it but i got laid off from my work for a full month so i dont have much money to mess around with.

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Aug 13 2004, 11:24 PM
Well i'm not sure if you guys remember me, its been atleast 3 months now. but i was building a h22/23 frankenstein engine. I originally planning to go all motor or nitrous but i just recently went a different route. I had crower stage 2a cams in there and was planning to use it with the imagine engineering header. well when i recieve news that my header would not be made i decided to go turbo. that meant i had to switch out my radical cams. so i went with crower stage 1 cams that are made for street/turbo setups. I probably have $12000 invested in the engine. Port job, cams & camgears, bottom end work (sleeves, new crank and pistons), intake manifold, throttlebody, turbo w/ exhaust manifold & wastegate and intercooler, Golden eagle oil plumbing kit and a few other stuff to basically the convert everything to make the head work with the block.

gallery_21906_80_1092456367.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1092456227.jpg

gallery_21906_80_1092456109.jpg

the engine right now looks a little different from those pictures because i repainted the block and i did some work to the oil pan to get the oil to flow better from the turbo(i borrow some parts from a G5 aka Gulfstream 5, a jet) I'll post more pictures when i start to wrap up this project. I would be done with it but i got laid off from my work for a full month so i dont have much money to mess around with.
[post=376706]Quoted post[/post]​

wont the motor mount chip paint eventually?

Yeah it would, already chipped paint on my thermostat housing trying to figure out where the ignition coil would go. This project is a pain in the ass. But, hopefully it will be done(running) soon. I'll post pictures soon since i have the ACT clutch and tranny put in.

+1 on the sickness

what chassis are you putting this in?

Back