My Integra is Wrecked. Must Rant-Story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Ok this happend Back on Day before Vets day, havent post up here because of all the fun BS I am going through with the Ins. Companys

The story goes like this, driving to go vist my brother, driving West bound doing about 45-50mph (speed limit), When I look in my rear mirror and See this fucking truck flying behind me:ph34r:. I saw him coming and quick made the decision that he is not going to stop, so I decided to swerve in the turning lane. The guy behind me I guess finally notice that I was in front of him and we ended up swerving at the same exact time, I heard no skid marks from the truck, Just the "Crunch". So he nailed me and my girl (passenger seat), we go towards oncoming traffic, luckly the oncoming car missed us. By now I'm hard on the breaks, the car comes to a Stop facing traffic. We Skidded about 30 yards across two lanes going the wrong way.

I get out of my car, and start a Cussing up a storm. Apparently this kid in High School driving his dads 95 Chevy Silverado, droped his Cell Phone, and was digging for it. Why he was driving So God dam fast, I have no idea. Fucker said he was only doing 50, I said, "How the FUCK can that be when I was doing about 50" It looks like I was at a fucking standstill

But now my 95 Acura Integra is now totaled. The back was pushed in and I was told the frame is bent. The impact was hard enough that my front fenders bowed out, my girls passenger seat broke when she few back into it, passenger door wont even open. Also knocked out my center counsel.

Because I had the car was towed to the yard, and the Ins guys took a look at it before I got to it. I am going to lose everything on it. I did have a few things. Greddy header, Ebay intake, KYB ajd Sturts, Eibach pros, LS Mesh rims, 98 tails, blox LCAs. All but the header & intake, I bought this year. I lose it all. The ins. said if I wanted it I must buy back the Car.

Luckly his insurance is taking full responsablity. They giving me 4400 for the integra, not bad I just passed 190K on it. But I am still tring to get something for a few of the mods on it, still have most recipts.

My and my girl are really feeling it still, went to the doctor, got pain meds. Still hurting a week after, so we went for X-rays (that was last week). Just got them back today. My girls came back normal, but my said I have spine narrowing in C5-C6 and C6-C7. I dont know what that means but, it sucks.:angry2:
If any one knows what the narrowing of the spine means, gohead and post it up for me.

Well now I have to get a new car. Dont know what to get yet but I have a 05 Cobalt rental.

I am really going to miss my teggie, with just the H/I I hit a 15.6. She was going to get an exhaust next month too.

RIP
vid
YouTube - RIP 1995 Integra

And Pics of the after it happend
ImageShack(TM) slideshow

thanks for letting me bich

Honestly dude I would speak to legal consol about all this, and well, u can always go steal ya mods back :)

sucks bro.

15.6 isnt that fast for a teg though. my little sohc 1.5 rocked that in the spring.

i'd buy it back.. they'll only keep a few hundred of the insurance money.. i'm sure you can make more than that back parting it out..
wheels, parts you just bought, motor, anything salvagable basically.. people want OEM parts

yeah the buyback on my 89rex was $250. i did it and made $600 selling OEM stuff and kept all the goodies for my other rex. i'd buy it back; looks like there's plenty of goods to keep/sell.

regarding the wreck - i'd like to have a free pass from the responding officers to smack/punch/kick the dumb drivers that cause accidents like this. no fear of civil suit, charges, etc. - just all out freedom to put the hurt on a moron :D

the wheels and motor alone you could make $600 .. not to mention you could sell the dash, seats, headlights, bumper, hood, door panels, brakes (rear discs) ... thats an easy $1000 or more for whats listed

sorry for your loss, i know how it feels to lose something you love.. my hatch was recently stolen and stripped.. but i'm gonna try and cut my losses a little and part whats left out..

regarding the wreck - i'd like to have a free pass from the responding officers to smack/punch/kick the dumb drivers that cause accidents like this. no fear of civil suit, charges, etc. - just all out freedom to put the hurt on a moron :D

Once everything is settled track down where they live. Give em hell. and most importantly dont get caught. :ph34r:

having had one car "stolen" by an insurance co. for a jacked stereo I have since went on to learn some things.

If you ever put a new clutch in your car they owe you a new engine or you keep yours and they have to give you time to get your parts off the car. AAA costs very little and will tow the car to your house.

If you have receipts for your parts THEY HAVE TO PAY YOU! dont take no for an answer, they insured the jackass that hit you and are liable for your loss!

this is my "totalled" 98 HX, I got only $1000, after the payoff, they absolutely refused to fix it. I hate to see these people get away with things like this, please dont sign anything until you are satisfied with the payoff.

PS almost everything from under the hood of the HX is now in my best friends rex, no suspension and the hood was welded shut from the bottom:D and it was sitting on donuts! I still took a loss though.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    495.4 KB · Views: 181
How much for the center console and armrest, shipped?

That sux though, for real.

yeah I will talk to the Ins companines, to see if I could buy it back for a dent price. But they already towed it to Sacramento about 70 miles from where I live, to be dead honest I dont know if I want to hassle for it. I will have to pay for the tow, then do the parting out. Also still live w/ the parents, I dont know if they want a wreck car parked out side the house, plus I still feel pretty shitty and really dont feel like getting under a car.

What I should of done was buy it back right away, but I was in a rush to get a check to get anther car. I just live so far from school, about 25 miles. But when the other Ins. company took over they offered a rental car to hold me over.

I am going to hold off from getting a lawyer, I will seek legal advise If the drivers of the other car Ins company does not want to pay my medical bills. Just a Doctor visit, X-rays, meds. Has totaled over 600 dollars now I have to get physical theapry. I dont know how much that cost, but I do know I am not paying for shit, I should have too, I didnt ask for any of this. :mellow:

Last edited:
the wheels and motor alone you could make $600 .. not to mention you could sell the dash, seats, headlights, bumper, hood, door panels, brakes (rear discs) ... thats an easy $1000 or more for whats listed

sorry for your loss, i know how it feels to lose something you love.. my hatch was recently stolen and stripped.. but i'm gonna try and cut my losses a little and part whats left out..

Dam I just got done reading about your BAR'ed EG. Dam dude sadly Idont feel as bad because this was my beater car, and your Hatch was your main car. An accident is an accident. But thieves are delibratly ass holes, my condolences.

Dude I would definitely hire a lawyer and sue the other party involved. His insurance company will probably settle before it even gets to court for good amount of money, but you'll need a lawyer representing you to make the insurance company do anything. Especially if you have any kind of injuries from the accident you could be losing out on a lot of money by not getting a lawyer.

Back