my iPhone 3GS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
so i got one, in black, for work to perfect the exchange integration.

anyways im finding it nearly impossible to download any apps without an itunes account. i dont want that shit on my computer, nor do i want to plug this phone into my computer EVER.

where can i get apps?

Jail Break I suppose. Then again, I don't own an iPhone. But I would imagine that's about your only option to load apps.

all you need to do is set up an itunes account so they have somewhere to bill you for pay apps if necessary

then download them straight to the phone

the only reason you would NEED to have it installed on a computer is if the app you want is too large to download wirelessly
i have friends with the iphone that dont even own a computer and they get apps all the time... you definitely dont NEED to hook it to a computer

heres an article
How to Download Software to an iPhone Without iTunes | eHow.com

yeah my problem is i dont want to give apple my credit card. im going to go buy a $5 giftcard visa and hook it to that.

I gotcha now. I thought you where asking how to get around the app store in general. The pre paid visa is a good idea and E covered the rest.

why go against the grain? It works seamlessly with it, and keeps track of all your apps/data (backup) in case the phone takes a shitter.

why go against the grain? It works seamlessly with it, and keeps track of all your apps/data (backup) in case the phone takes a shitter.

yeah, i wouldnt try to find work arounds with that phone it might explode....do it the right way....

and WTTF bob your from Bristol? You better be BEHS or die

as much shit as i talk about MACs, i should tell you guys i'm ACMT, apple certified mac tech.

all part of the job. and now the iphone. sigh. going to giftcard it. also, i've got it hooked up to 2 activesync servers thanks to a little SSH work. ;)

I didn't have to use a credit card to make an account, I just bought an iTunes card and bought 10 songs ($10). Yes I get apps on my touch.

Wooo! I have a 2nd Gen iPhone and it is unlocked and jailbroken! What is the problem with giving apple your CC number! They are a company. Why have a credit card if your not gonna use it. IDK never had a problem with apple they are the bomb!

O ok i see! I just thought u had a thing against apple LOL. iPhones rock!!!!

:werd:

Smashed mine, restored it, and it backed it up to the point that even the safari pages I had open were still open on the new phone. That shit was amazing.

What's the reason for not doing the jailbreak, not allowed to? The different tweaks that are available are great. Backgrounder, ssh, terminal, winterboard, and SBSettings are the main things that I use. Backgrounder is really nIce to have, especially if you use the last.fm or pandora app.

Last edited:
Back