my iPhone 3GS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just dont want to. i DID however see that with a jb and some ssh handywork you could connected to two or more activesync environments... but that is alot of work for a phone that does pretty much everything i need it to as-is with zero problems or reboots.

so i jailbroke my phone using spirit. took all of 10 seconds. i have cydia, SBsettings, backgrounder and winterboard.

what are the need to have apps? also how do i change the sounds on this beast?

I have a Droid and an Iphone.

In stock from the Iphone is the biggest piece of shit. You don't want to do something like install itunes? well tough shit you must do EVERYTHING they want you to do and then not do anything you want to do since it will slow the phone down making it not cool.

JailBreak your Iphone or take it back and get a droid. Anyone can simply click on the Android market and unless you buy something you can download anything you want.

Some things ask you to sign up for a free gmail account but that's it.

You wouldn't pay me to use an Iphone as my only phone if it wasn't jail broke. F that shit.

too bad verizon sucks and you can't use it on other networks. if i could get it on att, i would buy one.

too bad verizon sucks and you can't use it on other networks. if i could get it on att, i would buy one.

All in where you live, hands down Verizon kicks ATTs ass in this area. ATT has very little coverage, and for 3G coverage outside of major cities.... good luck.

As far as droids go you dont have to get Verizons droid theres other options out.

The newest phone to hit the market is going to kick ass too bad its on Sprint but at least its not fully restricted like apples crap.

Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G

Don't get me wrong, jailbreaking an iphone makes for a nice toy but when its not jailbroke it straight up sucks.

Just hit up the app store with Installuous as far as must have apps, IMO there's only a handful of must have apps for me the rest are "fun" but for the most part 98% of Apple apps are trash.

What are must have for you? that depends on you. Just search google for must have apple apps you'll find many top 10 list.

i like my iphone as was without jailbreak. it worked great, was fast, NEVER needed to be rebooted or anything.

this spirit jailbreak is pretty cool though. i have noticed the phone slow down considerably at times though :(

i like my iphone as was without jailbreak. it worked great, was fast, NEVER needed to be rebooted or anything.

this spirit jailbreak is pretty cool though. i have noticed the phone slow down considerably at times though :(

All depends on what you're doing. Jailbreaking lets you do things apple thinks is bad.

Apple is smart by restricting what people can and cant do to make everything work good, rather then allow you to push the limits of the phone it keeps you well within them aka not running more then one thing at a time.

However after running 3 game apps, a SNES game, internet + 3 pages and navigation without it missing a beat on my HTC phone... its hard to look at apple the same way.

The only thing I like more on the Iphone VS Android is the keyboard, the Iphone just feels right. While I really like the Android keyboard it doesn't feel as natural although spell correct and #s /symbols and layout I like more on Android it just doesnt have the same touch.

Outside of that I like everything on Android more.

As far as issues go with Android I've had a few random crashes happen but it just says, "insert item crashed" you hit ok and BAM its back. as if it never happened.

I've never had to restart my phone since owning it.

I really hope 4.0 steps up the game a lot for the iphone. as it sits right now. Android has a giant lead on them outside of what fanboys like to think.

Open Source everything FTMWF!

i like my 3gs w/o JB. its stable and fast. theres really nothing else i need that jb offers. multitasking can be good at sometimes, but other times its moot. plus i like the iphone os better than the android os. the android os is great and all, but its too damn busy. theres shit everywhere. its not as near as good looking, organized, or easy to navigate as the iphone os.

:lol: noob there is also a droid port to iphone now. im going to try that out this weekend. i cant stand the droid phones. not fluid, and way too busy.

:lol: noob there is also a droid port to iphone now. im going to try that out this weekend. i cant stand the droid phones. not fluid, and way too busy.

Are you talking hardware? take a look at the HTC or the google G1? phone, My HTC feels just like my Iphone but lighter, thinner, and smaller all around, it has the single push "home" button but also 4 touch buttons alone the bottom, if you forgot about the 4 touch buttons on the bottom it has the same layout as the Iphone. The moto droid with the full keyboard was a bit clunky for my taste.

You can change every single thing about a droid. It's full open source, just search the net and you'll find options out the arse.

With the HTC it has its own built in themes giving it a whole new look with a push of a button.

One of the things I dislike about the Iphone is the main screen, all your icons are on it and you flip side to side to get to more, IMO it seems way to busy, with my droid phone, my desk top has everything I told to be there. as for icons I just have txt message, e-mail, internet and camera, rest of the main page is taken up by current weather, time, and sometimes stocks I'm watching.

I do find it weir that a lot of people point out how they don't like the droids layout because it seems messy, I just don't get it. It's like having a computer desk top and throwing all your shit on the desk top and saying wah its messy. well whos fault is that? then again the iphone is like that turn key lol. icons all over the desk top.

you can move the icons onto different pages though. i have 3 folders on my home screen, and within those folders are all the icons i need. in the background is the weather. i have the 5 icon dock too.

Hmm.. I want to JB my wifes phone.

Jeffie,
I totally agree with you on Verizon vs. ATT coverage. My wife has ATT and I have Verizon on my BB. Her phone has awful signal while mine is usually excellent. My BB has dual band; supports GSM as well for international travel.

im confused on what exactly JBing an iphone does. i read about it a little bit ago, and it seems like it just installs the Cydia app for buying the 3rd party apps. does it do anything else? or just open the door to the other apps?

so just the cydia app then? all the other stuff, afaik, is just because of the other apps you can get, right?

Back