My job...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
a little insight to my current profession and the cool things I get to see...finally a pic thats already published so I won't get in trouble for posting it

whalefinminus11.jpg

-not the fin, we didn't kill the whale, but we did build the cold room in the background
pic is from the April 08 National Geographic article on biomimetics

some other stuff I've been around but can't post pics

-the Mass state morgue in Boston (100's of bodies)
-2 proton beams and obviously 2 reactors that power them
- a robot room that would literally cut you in half if you were to go in at the wrong time
-a 20'x40'x20' (yes, foot not inch) freezer that contains nothing but 7 ball jar size containers full of stem cells (each jar is worth about 1.5mil)

some cool shit y0

Robot room with saws ? The fuck, you work for the place they had in Resident Evil ?

And a room full of stem cells ? Can I make another Stuckeys ?

environmental rooms

cold/warm/clean rooms

the stem cell freezer I was in yesterday was -25.5 degrees Celsius, and thats just ambient temp. Add 8 (4 on each side) 27" 1550rpm fans blowing directly at you and it gets uncomfortable real fast. We had to de-ice one of the coils and the water would re-freeze before it hit the floor (made for an easy clean-up though :) )...I keep a winter jacket, beanie, and mittens with me at all times

we have units that go down to -100 Celsius

environmental rooms

cold/warm/clean rooms

the stem cell freezer I was in yesterday was -25.5 degrees Celsius, and thats just ambient temp. Add 8 (4 on each side) 27" 1550rpm fans blowing directly at you and it gets uncomfortable real fast. We had to de-ice one of the coils and the water would re-freeze before it hit the floor (made for an easy clean-up though :) )...I keep a winter jacket, beanie, and mittens with me at all times

we have units that go down to -100 Celsius
Lemme know when you get ahold of a cryogenics tank for a few weeks.

Back