1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My kick ass lunch.

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Seany-izzle, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

It was 2:30 and i just got home from class. I hadn't eaten all day (up at 9:30) and I was starving. We didnt really have much to eat that was easy. I opened up the freezer, took out some chicken, defrost in the microwave real quick, then let it soak in plastic in a bowl of hot water. I prepared a rub for the chicken (guess you can think of shake and bake) using [​IMG] my father got for me when he went to Texas (guess you can't get it here). I also tossed in some [​IMG] Parm cheese, Chili powder, Black Pepper and Oregeno. Put that in a bowl, took the thawed chicken and sliced them in half (so two thinner pieces from one piece), poured water on them... I then placed the chicken in the rub covering all sides.

I used some extra virgin olive oil in a large sauce pan and placed them into the pan. I dont have a method for temp or how long before i would flip them.. but i started slowly and gradually brought the temp up flipping them every 8 min or so. Oh, I also cooked some Ricearoni Rice Pilaf (aka the SHIT)

This is how it turned out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the chicken is AWESOME, that Squeal Hog Rub is the bomb. Its spicey w/o being overpowering, cajun-y w/o being reallll cajun, its bbq'y but not smokey, and the added chili powder gave it some extra kick along with the pepper. Basically, you get tons of flavor without any one ingrediant being overpowering, yet when all combined its some pretty intense stuff. I suck at describing food.
    that mangly piece is a piece i cut in half ^_^ .... oh and nothing sets off chicken like DIET MTN DEW (all my roommate drinks is diet soda, had nothing but water :D )

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

do you realize that you just made a post on what you had for lunch? damn man, i wish i had the spare time to cook then post a big writeup online. hahaha, get a life buddy. :lol:

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

food took 40 minutes, post took 3... :shrug: B makes posts about his dinners.... oh well.

4. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

Blah...I made my wife some french toast with some potatoe bread, some scrabbled eggs with green bell peppers and freshly sliced mushrooms with two cherry tomatos on top, served some mango, coconut, orange juice that I mixed half and half with more orange juice, and some ham steaks....and thats just for her lunch...topped off also with a get well card, a single purple chrissanthium(sp) and a back pain pill.

5. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

b needs to get a life to, haha j/k. i'm just giving you shit.^_^

6. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

7. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

8. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I had chicken and pasta in teryaki sauce a little while ago. Nothing special but still banging as hell.

9. deranger

deranger DerangedIsAsDerangedDoes

damn man i dont even no why im writing here, i no i could beat all of you in a cook off. first i'd prepare my garlic king prawns while they are marinating id slice chiken breast real fine then flour it then egg wash it then crumb it with lemon pepper put it in the fridge and make a ceaser salad with bacon croutons and anchove and parmesian and boiled egg, id then slice pineapple mango orange strawberrys kiwi fruit rock melon honeydew and water melon and apple mix some frozen berrys and put passionfruit seeds on top, then id cook the prawns have them as ontree' then id cook chicken and serve with the salad after that id serve the fruit salad with yogurt. by the end of this my girlfriend would be sooo impressed she'd give me the best sex all week long and clean up

10. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Wanna put some money on it?

11. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

o man...mine today was one of those new hamburger helper in the microwave things...hellz yea!...hahahaha

12. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i could cook you all in a beat off

errr wait, no, E posts here.....

I'M OUT! /kramer

13. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

anyone else think clayton is actually dan quail in disguise.

14. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

my money's on jeffie

15. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

:werd:

ive never tasted his food, but i cant go to his website or i get unbarably hungry

16. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I might post up some Korean food this weekend, I need to hit up the Korean Market tomorrow.

;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted