My local Honda guys make me laugh

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So this local Honda tuner shop that will remain nameless for now really made me amused.

They were building this Ls-Vtec Integra (B18C1/B18A) and I was thinking about purchasing it. So anyways when I called them up after they had finished building it, they described it as fucking fast, so I was quite looking forward to driving it.

I stopped in the next day and another one of their guys reiterated what the other guy had told me, except he added on that he was scared to drive it. So now I'm getting really anxious to drive it. It had a super grabby clutch, so it took me a little while to get adjusted to it. I head towards the freeway entrance, put it in second and just get on it, it hit 60 fairly quick. So then I think to myself "Wow, this is fucking fast?"

Those guys would shit themselves if they ever rode in my Dad's 72 Chevelle. I was quite dissapointed, considering the fastest vehicle I've ever driven is probably my Dads 01' Tundra. If your going to say a car is fucking fast, it should throw you into the back of your seat when you step on the gas. So basically those guys fail. If you claim to be a "tuner" you shouldn't be impressed by such low horsepower numbers.

The shop that built my old civic has fast in the mind set of 500+ WHP in civics.
a quote from one of the guys I was talking to about 350Zs.

"350Zs start to get fun at 400WHP"

Most of the smaller tuner shops around tend to stick with wheels, intakes, and exhaust. So fast is anything over stock.

sglpmv.jpg

Thank you Civicious !

yes, this thread does suck. You can make power from cars other than hondas. You can't start those cars everyday, you can start a Honda everyday. (Unless you're Airjockie or Jimboburgess, or Brian, or..)

Yes but they claim to build the fastest Hondas around. You don't make that kind of claim without something to back it up.

Street able hondas, yeah.. They may have a nice collection. My CRX is wildly fast, but my stock 1989 Pontiac TGP walked all over it with the handbrake on.

It happens.

Hondas are great. I love them. But come on. Some people that are into these cars (baring the true tuners out there, S2, headgames, Hasport, FR, etc) think that a turbo B16 is a fast car, and that a CRX with a B swap is the hottest thing around.

No matter how much money you put into a K-swap, turbo, lightweight panels and Hondata it is still a FWD Civic. Colin Chapman once said that FWD race cars were "rubbish".

That Colin Chapman guy can kiss my ass :D. Honda fwd's are cheap cars which can be cheaply built to satisfying levels of power and handling, that's what I see them as, the poor man's fun car. I still want to trade for a decent condition RX7, Supra, or 240sx.

Back