my LS/VTEC 1/4 mile time slip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chingro

My setup, 96 integra LS
-LS/VTEC, B16A Gen2 head,
-milled,
-2 layer gaskest
-B18B stock block.
-00 GSR tanny
Everything else on the car and engine is stock,(except for the coilovers)
PICTURES OF MY CAR TAKEN DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY (DAY BEFORE I RAN IT AT THE TRACK)
www.angelfire.com/ok3/skiflaz/gen3.html

my slip
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Moroso mototsports park
8:59 PM
26/NOV/2003

R/T------1.235
60'------2.560
330------7.128
1/8------10.726
MPH------68.76
1000-----13.803
1/4------16.386
MPH------87.66
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

Nice, now I wanna do an LSVtec setup, whats the compression ratio, cause I got a whole buncha turbo parts (thinkin low 12's here). How much did it cost "you"? I'm kinda broke so can't really do anything DRASTIC.

i expected the car to be in the 15's but...i just had a bad day at the track.....
maybe nextime with mods i am aiming to hit 14's

O you changed it, it said 13.386 before. That's not the greatest time for an lsvtec, you should be in the lower 14s high 13s

seems kind of slow to me. I had better times in my 98 EX sedan with I-H-E and 17" rims. I'm sure your times will improve greatly since you said you didn't have a run

well look at his reaction time. 1.xxx is really really slow. better that and you can shave a good .6 seconds from your time.

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 27 2003, 10:03 PM
well look at his reaction time. 1.xxx is really really slow. better that and you can shave a good .6 seconds from your time.

true, I didn't notice hit R/T.

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 27 2003, 11:03 PM

Reaction time makes no difference on your ETs. Your run doesn't start until you start moving.

He needs to work on his 60'...2.5 seconds is bad.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 27 2003, 10:39 PM-->
cointelpro
@Nov 27 2003, 11:03 PM

Reaction time makes no difference on your ETs. Your run doesn't start until you start moving.

He needs to work on his 60'...2.5 seconds is bad.

yeah that's right...duh...
*feels stupid*

(i post this somewhere else before ) a LS/VTEC with a stock block and stock head, WILL not be faster than a GSR.

ok...remember my car is a STOCK block, STOCK B16A head, with thinner head gasket.

no exhaust, no intake, no mods on the car.........so 15's is more like it....NOT 14's NOT 13's.

later

Originally posted by chingro@Nov 27 2003, 11:43 PM
(i post this somewhere else before ) a LS/VTEC with a stock block and stock head, WILL not be faster than a GSR.

ok...remember my car is a STOCK block, STOCK B16A head, with thinner head gasket.

no exhaust, no intake, no mods on the car.........so 15's is more like it....NOT 14's NOT 13's.

later

yea dude but not to sound like a dick or anything but you should be running at least high 14s(depending on track conditions, elevation, all that shit!) you should know the run down..anyways...my advice is hit the track as much as possible to try and get that 60' down..and it will make a world of difference.

sorry but high 14's with my setup is not possible.......
stock ITR runs high 14's low 15's

i have hit 14's before on previous hondas i have owned.....

ah, i didnt know they didnt start timing you until you actually move. my bad. but still. work on that r/t :) and lose some weight y0 (you and the car) :D :p :lol:

My LS swap in a 95 coupe, all factory with cat ran 9.61 in the 1/8 mile. That is like 14.9's. Just stick with it and work on your techniques and the times will fall.

plain and simple your 60ft times blow, 2.5 is not good at all.

my first time out with my SiR2 motor on street tires i got a 15.8 with a 3.5 50ft time, I just spun all first and most of second.

by the end of the night I got used to running the motor at the track and had slicks to accomidate, and ran 13.3 with a 1.9 60ft.

yeah thats a pretty bad time there. My friend with a 91 integra with just a cold air intake ran a 16.2. I'd work on my launch if i were you, that 60' time is pretty damn slow too.

Originally posted by chingro@Nov 28 2003, 01:17 AM
sorry but high 14's with my setup is not possible.......
stock ITR runs high 14's low 15's

i have hit 14's before on previous hondas i have owned.....

you should be hitting at least a high 14.

if a crx with a stock ls/vtec set up can hit a 13.7 at the track on street tires then you should be able to hit at least a high 14. see if you can get some slicks the next time you go to the track. if you can get the same set up I had: CTR pistons, ITR header, ITR IM, new clutch and tuning w/ slicks you should be able to hit a low 14 if not a high 13.

Back