my LS/VTEC 1/4 mile time slip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92civichatchb18b@Jan 2 2004, 05:50 PM
to get back to that mustang...i read how 99 svt cobras run a 14.9 stock..i think that is absolute garbage cause the engines are about 3 times the size of the ones we use. Maybe if the american auto companies pulled there heads out of there asses and learned something you would see some stock mustangs with 450 hp...then i would maybe have some respect for them!

NO V8 Mustang since 1998 has run 14.9 stock.

The 1999 and up cars are all mid to low 14 second cars, MINIMUM. Quite a few I've seen run 13's with the driveout tag in the window.

The reason an ITR runs 14's is because they are not creature comfort cars. Tey are purpose built racecars. Noisy, lightweight and powerful. That's why they are half a second or better than a comparably modded GSR.

Mustangs are not race cars. They are designated the GT namesake becasue they are just that. Big, heavy, powerful Grande Touring cars.

Get your head out of your ass about things you don't understand.

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Jan 3 2004, 04:51 AM-->
92civichatchb18b
@Jan 2 2004, 05:50 PM
to get back to that mustang...i read how 99 svt cobras run a 14.9 stock..i think that is absolute garbage cause the engines are about 3 times the size of the ones we use. Maybe if the american auto companies pulled there heads out of there asses and learned something you would see some stock mustangs with 450 hp...then i would maybe have some respect for them!

NO V8 Mustang since 1998 has run 14.9 stock.

The 1999 and up cars are all mid to low 14 second cars, MINIMUM. Quite a few I've seen run 13's with the driveout tag in the window.

The reason an ITR runs 14's is because they are not creature comfort cars. Tey are purpose built racecars. Noisy, lightweight and powerful. That's why they are half a second or better than a comparably modded GSR.

Mustangs are not race cars. They are designated the GT namesake becasue they are just that. Big, heavy, powerful Grande Touring cars.

Get your head out of your ass about things you don't understand.

:withstupid:

I've never seen a 99 up GT run anything worse than a 14.3 at the track. 99 Cobras run mid to high 13s. 2000 R runs 13.4. 03 Cobras run 12.8s or so.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Nov 27 2003, 11:39 PM-->
cointelpro
@Nov 27 2003, 11:03 PM
well look at his reaction time. 1.xxx is really really slow. better that and you can shave a good .6 seconds from your time.

Reaction time makes no difference on your ETs. Your run doesn't start until you start moving.

He needs to work on his 60'...2.5 seconds is bad.

Reaction time is when you start to move.

Originally posted by Icy_winds_+Jan 15 2004, 04:17 PM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Nov 27 2003, 11:39 PM
cointelpro
@Nov 27 2003, 11:03 PM
well look at his reaction time. 1.xxx is really really slow. better that and you can shave a good .6 seconds from your time.

Reaction time makes no difference on your ETs. Your run doesn't start until you start moving.

He needs to work on his 60'...2.5 seconds is bad.

Reaction time is when you start to move.

You've had your eye on that since Nov 27th haven't you? Reaction time is how long it takes you to respond to getting on the gas after the green light hits. It has no effect on your ET because it starts the clock once you hit that certain line at the starting point.

You could have a 5 minute R/T and still run a 15.5.

You not teaching me anything know it all, you still have to move to set the reaction sensor off. I just was going through the different forums, and yes he has to work on his 60ft times.

Back