my lsvtec blew up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
well as some may know i had a nice lsvtec in my crx. fully built,all forged with stage 2 valve train. I was on my way to the tax office to register my other crx when i heard a slight knock. i knoew it was over. To compare how fast it was I lost to a k20 EG with I/H/E. I didnt have an intake and only had some crappy dc header. i just figured i 'd let it be known. This was my first actual fast custom motor. it spun a rod bearing on cyl.#3 I didnt want to fix so i found some guy to buy it off me for 1800 bucks. Pretty good deal. But none the less it was MY motor. Here are some pics only days from blowing up.

I was gonna buy Calesta's block and build a bad ass torque monster. But unfortunately i decided to be a grown up and take car of bills,debts and wedding plans.:ph34r:

here are some pics only days from blowin up. I have now downgraded to a jdm b16 that had been used,abused, fornicated,and sprayed on more times then anyone can imagine. It had a blown headgasket so i have to fix that. any way here are the pics. man i'm sad just typing this.

S7000178.jpg

Andrew's wire tuck job .....thanks man:)

S7000177.jpg

S7000174.jpg

S7000174.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see anyone saying "because it's foreign"... hmm

i got my moneys worth. but its still sad. i kept the cams but wasnt able to save my sprigs/retiners in time.:( ohh well I'll se if i can more pics. I'm prolly going turbo after this wedding thig is over.

ohh well I'll se if i can more pics. I'm prolly going turbo after this wedding thig is over.

Has that bill passed with the soon-to-be-wife, yet?

Sucks about the bearing though.

which one? well we are actually already married. i proposed to her and we set the date. We had to get married sooner though since it would help me in the INS paperwork. Her family doesnt know we are married yet since the wedding ceremony will still continue the same.

I should have gotten my work permit hard copy this month. I have a court date also for my green card in may. Not to mention i'm getting my job back at the Home Depot.:cool: So far besides my motor blowin up everything else seems moving forward in a positive direction.

thanks for the concern 2000si. I forgot to tell you guys about that.

I will be legal pretty soon!!!!!!!!:ph34r: :ph34r:

S7000194.jpg

cylinder #1
S7000151.jpg

here it is right before it left. Fresh valve cover and all.:(
S7000199.jpg

My friends B20 going into my other crx. Gonna sell it and get some money for the shell.
S7000198.jpg

$3,000 obo
S7000197.jpg

Last edited:
Abel what the hell happened mang??? Sorry to hear it blew, after all the work you did.

Your just sad that he isn't buying your bottom end. :eek:

Alas, another ":( " from me, but you know what this means...... bigger and better!!

Partly- he was really looking forward to buying it, and I do want it to go to someone that will try to really make some serious power with it.

Partly- he was really looking forward to buying it, and I do want it to go to someone that will try to really make some serious power with it.

Man i'm still bummed out about man.your block with my skunk2 stage 2 cams........ohhhhhh i was wanting that so bad:mad: :mad: :mad: .

I would have definitly been well over 200. Mine was laready at about 195 just by guesstimating.

ohh and i'm trying to get $3000/$2500 for the crx. Its got integra 4 wheel discs,si panels and dash. pretty clean and hardly no dents. i'll take better pics when i'm dont with it today. I just havent put it on here since i would prefer to sell it locally.

Abel what the hell happened mang??? Sorry to hear it blew, after all the work you did.
I dont know? I still havent got a clue. The bottom end was supposed be ''bulletproof''. the tuning was right on the bottom end was all forged,i changed my oil right at if not before 3000miles. depending on how many times i raced it. Always put 10w30 mobil 1 with the mobil 1 oil filter..........ahhhhh memories. I spanked some fast cars with it^_^

ahhhhh memories. I spanked some fast cars with it^_^

And man was it fun to ride in! [and drive!]

Ohh well... On to another project! bewsted b16 perhaps? Your already 1/2 way there...

it did cross my mind. I want torque though!!!!!!!!!

I want over 250whp if i go boost. If i go boost it will be with one BIG turbo. Not a tiny one. If the b16 cleans up nice and no serious problems after the headgasket. I might consider it. Though i feel bad for it though since the previous owner sprayed it so many times. the cylinder head didnt turn out too bad. no oil gunk that i could see. Hopefully the bottom end will hold up long enough after the bills are payed.

Back