1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Motor Moved

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by capricefrk013, Jul 8, 2008.

1. capricefrk013

capricefrk013 is waiting for summer

Well we dropped the motor to remove the tranny to change the clutch & flywheel. I know that the area near the alternator needs to be pushed in for clearance but now when I make a right turn the alternator hits the frame rail. I cant even tighen the alternator belt now cause it hits right away. So what is out of place? What shifted? Im at a loss.

2. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Rear motor mount. There are two sets of holes in the cross member. Sounds like you are in the wrong one.

3. LightWeightChamp

LightWeightChamp Honda FTW!

maybe you broke a mount? ive never heard of that, but it seems that if you turn a certin way and the engine moves you might have a mount fucked somewhere... but idk for sure.

4. capricefrk013

Thanx guys. I will get it up on the lift tomorrow and give a good look over.

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

its definately the rear mount,or bracket..when i had mine off and turned the whole motor would shift..the manifold would go up if i turned right,or down if i turned left..
    did you put the bolts fromt the rear mount bracket in the tranny?

6. capricefrk013

I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Its kinda messed up cause my dad took it apart and I put it back together. WHOOPS!!!! :D

7. capricefrk013

Well after dealing with my clutch issue & pulling the tranny out so many times, my motor dont move any more. I think it was just ever so slightly miss aligned on the mounts cuz now its all good.

Just thought I would bring this back up for those who may have the same issue as I did.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted