My Motor Moved

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

capricefrk013

is waiting for summer
Well we dropped the motor to remove the tranny to change the clutch & flywheel. I know that the area near the alternator needs to be pushed in for clearance but now when I make a right turn the alternator hits the frame rail. I cant even tighen the alternator belt now cause it hits right away. So what is out of place? What shifted? Im at a loss.

Rear motor mount. There are two sets of holes in the cross member. Sounds like you are in the wrong one.

maybe you broke a mount? ive never heard of that, but it seems that if you turn a certin way and the engine moves you might have a mount fucked somewhere... but idk for sure.

Thanx guys. I will get it up on the lift tomorrow and give a good look over.

its definately the rear mount,or bracket..when i had mine off and turned the whole motor would shift..the manifold would go up if i turned right,or down if i turned left..
did you put the bolts fromt the rear mount bracket in the tranny?

I havent had a chance to look at it yet. Its kinda messed up cause my dad took it apart and I put it back together. WHOOPS!!!! :D

Well after dealing with my clutch issue & pulling the tranny out so many times, my motor dont move any more. I think it was just ever so slightly miss aligned on the mounts cuz now its all good.

Just thought I would bring this back up for those who may have the same issue as I did.

Back