my motor's top speed is 120 MPH

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

I have a 96 cx hb with JDM 98 GSR. I max my top speed at 120 mph and i am not even redline on fifht gear. At 120 mph, fuel cut off and the meter didnt move an inch. is this normal for this motor? had anyone done the same thing to their gsr motors. I know that the newer motors like 96 and up have speed govenor or fuel cut of at certain speed and the older one didnt. I race my cousin first gen b16a with home made turbo and I beat him all the way until 120 mph and he gradually passed and later I asked him how fast he was going. he told me that his meter went all the way to that little meter thing and stuck there and his motor still going. He beat me at top speed and also on the street but at the track I ran 14.7 and he ran 15.1 he is boosting 10 lb but his turbo is too small and couldnt hold boost. right pass 5000RPM his boost drop down to 3lb. now he got a bigger turbo but havent install it yet. I think his car has potential if the turbo hold boost all the way til redline.

I have the same problem with a b16a jdm the thing is great but the fuel gets cut after 120 I heard all jdm ecu are like that and they need to go to a shop so they can take the govener out

yeah its all in the ECU not the actual motor. just get a chipped p28 or hondata if you want the rev limiter and speed limiter removed.

on my stock motor in my 98 civic, when i'd hit 120 it would kick me back down to around 90 or so...

i mean like a noticeable jolt.

i was around 200-300 rpm below redline, so i know it wasnt my rev limiter.

what the fuck's up with that?

thats also why i posted in another forum that i thought most usdm hondas had a speed limiter at 120

There is a simple way to solder in a resister that bypasses the governor, I'm pretty sure. Try googling it.

Back