my mozilla times out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

i live in apt that has free wireless internet and sometimes it runs slow and when i try to go to site mozilla times out on me.... it pisses me off. does anyone know how to fix that?

mozilla times out after 30 secs of trying to find the site.

it has nothign to do with mozilla.
IE will do the same damn thing, after about a min or so...

:) just wanted to ruffle your feathers

Originally posted by B16@Sep 3 2004, 03:55 PM
use IE
[post=385811]Quoted post[/post]​

word.

By "free" do you mean your neighbors did not secure their wireless router, and now you are picking it up thru the walls? :lol:

no my aptment ment gives it out for free.... there it like a main tower and every apt has a router on each floor.... its cool sometimes somedays its uber fast and others slow as a neon

thats the nature of a shared connedction y0... when peeps are on it, its slow.

I DOUBT your apt has a t1 going to it...

Originally posted by Havok@Sep 3 2004, 07:11 PM

By "free" do you mean your neighbors did not secure their wireless router, and now you are picking it up thru the walls? :lol:
[post=385851]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHA thats great. in my apartmet complex theres at least like 5 people that have unsecured wireless routers. sometimes i contemplate cancelling my internet service and mooching off theirs :lol: and damn skippy mines secure. 128-bit WEP encryption with 26 digit key :)

and yea its probably just slow cause you are using the internet when everyoe else is using it.

Back