My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My MB has fog lights about the same size as your car, they do work very well.

i like it..my bro wants to get one when he gets a real career.. and yes red tails look so much better..

well ive had this car about 7 monts now. and put on 15,000 miles already lol. glad i have free oil changes every 3k at the dealer lol.

mods:
Epic Engineering lowering springs (lowers about 1" all the way around)
Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar
Kartboy short shifter with poly shifter bushings
Kartboy solid endlinks all around
Rally Armor mudflaps

all i will probably do more is another set of wheels for summer use that look nicer, and keep the stocks for winter. get some tint like 30% and some Koni shocks.

pics:
IMG_0275.JPG

IMG_0277.JPG

either one of these would look sick on gray :D

opt2.jpg

you knew i was gunna recommend some crazy colored shit :)

these would work too
oz_allerghlt_orng_ci3_l.jpg

also available in blue or red
oz_allerghlt_blu_100.jpg
oz_allerghlt_red_100.jpg

the blue might look good too.... too many people doing red it is boring now

ive actually considered those red OZs. and they are damn light too. but they are pretty expensive. id really like to get a set of the stock BBS gold wheels fom an 04 STi. but people want a premium for them since they are semi-rare and the only STi wheel in 5x100 (all later STi's have 5x114) so it fits WRXs too. ive seen rashed up wheels and people want like 1k for them.

we'll see.

The 05+ BBS wheels go for like 6-700 a set with tires. They are the exact same wheel 0.5" wider just in a 5x114 bolt pattern.

ok im almost dead set on the OZ Alleggeritas in 17". they look nice, and are super light. price is a little steep, but i can afford it and they will only be used as a summer set anyway.

I am lowered on Epic Engr springs (~1"), stock dampers for now, and Konis ordered and on the way.

im debating between red/orange/gold. and more biased toward re/gold than the orange. what do you think?

alleggerita_red.png

alleggerita_orange.png

alleggerita_gold.png

i actually have a Silver 2010 WRX, but TireRack.com doesnt have stock photo for the WRX so this is close enough.

orange
gold
red

in that order

i like weird rim colors so the orange would be my first choice...
red is overdone around me and im not really a fan of red to begin with so... meh...
the gold looks semi factory and makes for a nice well put together look with minimal flash...

What's wrong with the factor wheels? :shrug2:

I like weird color rims too. But not in silver cars. On white, black, and red cars I do. Green, red, and neon wheels can really set off a car.

factory wheels are fine. but they will be used as a winter set and are whats currently on the car with winter tires. i dont want to burn up my winter tires during the summer, and i dont want to constantly go through the time and money to have a shop swap tires back and forth. and they are gunmetal, and i dont want another set that will look the same/similar.

ooooo

OR rpf1's in gold 18" (only 18" because rpf1's always look about an inch smaller than they actually are) i like the offset a bit more too. and they are a little cheaper.

rpf1_gold.png

Thanks guys. I bought the Gold OZs from TireRack.com in 17x8.
I also bought some Continental ExtremeContact DW tires in 245/40/17
i opted to not buy any TPMS stuff since that would be another 300ish after the sensors and tool. ill just ignore the light or cover it up.

and will be mounted and balanced by TireRack.com and shipped to me. should be about 3 weeks cause the only warehouse that could ship it out together (im guessing the tires were the holdup) wont get the wheels until 3/11. est delivery for 3/15-3/16.

Make sure your tpms isn't a part of your traction control system. I know mine is.

You can always swap them off yoru stock wheels, but requires dis-mounting

Back