My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've always been a fan of silver/orange.
attachment.php

I don't have a fake STI badge? Lol.

I'm seriously considering the green. We'll see.

:thatsracist:

taco has a real sti.

i thought ian had sti mud flaps or something...

1. No USDM STi came with mud flaps. (Maybe mud guards, but no STI badging)
2. I do have mud flaps, made by Rally Armor
3. The only STI parts on my car are the steering linkage and the front LCAs, neither of which have any badging.

also,

since i'm getting new tires, I'm going back to 245/40/17's. i tried out 255s and they didn't seem significantly better (maybe even a little sloppier), and they wore faster because i was forced to run more camber on them to keep them inside the front fenders (and not rub). sticking with the Conti DW. Still nothing beats their wet/dry/wear/$ combo.

Yeah so I think I'm gonna go with a green similar to the last pic I posted. Still talking with the shop about the process.

In other news, I decided to do a small audio upgrade. I've had the same radio that came with it, which has been meh, but I didn't really care. Though it didn't have Bluetooth or HD radio. I usually stream music via USB, but it barely charges the phone while plugged in to the car (and can even be power negative while running navigation)

So I picked up a newer nicer radio out of a newer model Subaru from eBay. Installed in 5 mins with no wiring. Has a nicer LCD screen, BT ability, and HD radio. It's nice to untether the phone from the car, and I can hook it up to a proper charger if I need to, without disrupting the audio stream. Makes things a lot less messy too. I might upgrade the speakers one day, but I'm content for now. I'm not any kind of audiophile or anything.

5Xlpp1i.jpg

you listen to drake, so clearly quality music doesn't matter :D

nice upgrade man. it's a nice deck for 0 wiring effort.

shitty electronic. most of it coming out is terrible these days.

on that note, i was strongly considering a pioneer appradio strictly for carplay. but havent had the chance to fuck with a 2016 radio yet. supposedly they dropped the LG shit and made it android auto.

Not sure. Kinda like house music I guess. I really don't know how to differentiate the different genres of electronic music these days. I had just loaded up the YouTube music app to test Bluetooth streaming.

I was more wondering how he thought it was Drake lol

But yeah if I could get an aftermarket radio at some point with Apple CarPlay that would be cool. Then I could have the navi screen streamed to the dash without having my phone mounted to it.

xAghfSU.jpg

This is what I currently do for navi, and it works fine, but having it streamed to a in-dash screen would certainly be cleaner.

I'm sure they're really expensive though. Does CarPlay work via BT? Or do you have to have it plugged in via USB/HDMI?

Back