My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ah. Looks like it has to be plugged in. Weak.

And car play doesn't support Google maps, and android auto doesn't support iOS devices. Not that I'm all that surprised by this. I love my iPhone, but the google maps app is superior for navigation, and I use that over the apple maps.

Seems the tech is very heavily geared towards OEMs than aftermarket retrofits anyway. Oh well.

Yep.

You're almost better off buying a nexus 7, throwing a t-mobile sim in it, downloading all of your local areas, and using that for nav. Then use pandora on the n7, and whatever else you need. Hangouts calling for telephone calls, and you're golden.

I'm ok with plugging in as BT streaming isn't stellar for music.

Right now you can hack my headunit but that requires "work" every time the car is turned on. Then A USB stick with custom firmware, blah blah Windows CE blah blah.

I'm ok with plugging in as BT streaming isn't stellar for music.

Right now you can hack my headunit but that requires "work" every time the car is turned on. Then A USB stick with custom firmware, blah blah Windows CE blah blah.

What radio do you have? And what are you hacking it to do?

@GSRCRXsi have you looked into AppRadio? I know that supports Waze on the headunit for IOS, among many others. I think it still needs USB though.

Seems like old tech. Everything I've found about it is from like 5 years ago with iPhone 4 lol. Seems like Pioneer's attempt at smartphone integration before CarPlay and AndroidAuto.

It's not a big deal for me. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Some recent shenanigans.

Car has been running a little rough, particularly on cold start idle. It's fine after warming up. Started getting surging at cruise again too.

Replaced the front O2 sensor (again). Which fixed the surging. Still rough cold idle.

Still seemed a little rough/off. Replaced the MAF (original part, 185k on it). Seemed to smooth things out a bit more. Still a bit of rough cold start idle, not not as bad as before.

Noticed AVCS Solenoid leaking oil on the drivers side head. Did some research, most people said to go ahead and replace both.

First hot day of the year, saw oil temps over 230F in traffic. Hmm that's weird. Did I remember to plug in the passenger side rad fan when I replaced the front O2?....

New AVCS solenoids arrive from Subaru. Replaced them. Oil leak stopped. Still a bit of cold start rough idle. Indeed I forgot to plug the rad fan back in. Whoops lol. Plugged back in.

Immediately on cold start it'll run fine at high idle for about 5seconds. Then RPMs drop and it starts to idle a bit rough for maybe 10-30seconds. Then it settles out and goes back to normal. Not sure what's causing it, no CELs or anything. Maybe just needs new spark plugs. As long as it doesn't get any worse, I'll stretch that out a few thousand more miles until my next scheduled appointment with IAG.

Oh and I dropped off my summer wheels to get refreshed (fix some rash) and recoated in bright obnoxious neon green.

Shop sent me a teaser pic.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 266
Back