My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice! i like how they almost look like they could be an oem wheel on the car. definitely a good color too.

a little better lighting.

photo1.JPG

Drag makes a replica and my friend/coworker got them in the same color for his TL because he got a huge discount on them through work. I made fun of him because they were multi lug until he pointed out that the real ones were too. I just don't get how they can be so expensive, yet cheap out on a thing like that.

drag, and rota both make a replica. drags are dual drilled, rotas are not.

the real ones (these) are NOT multi-lug. they are 5x100 only. the other holes, are just holes. no lug seats. they are probably still only spaced 5x100 anyway.

nice tires! i got them for my s2000.

i didnt read the whole thread, did you get the cobb tuning thingy? my friend had that on his and it made a huge difference in driveability and of course power.

nah. dont have it yet.

i still have a warranty on the engine til 60,000 miles (im at 37k now). they are pretty expensive. its like 500 for the unit, and tuning costs just as much. i probably wont bother until the warranty is up. im not crazy about power mods, this is my DD. im satisfied with the suspension, power is good too. after the warranty is up, id like to upgrade the top mount IC, the downpipe, and get it tuned. should be good for about 300awhp. plenty :)

sidenote,

less than a week, and the gf curbed one of the wheels... :(

Looks good.

37000 miles in a year and a few months? Holy shit you drive a lot.

I bought the car 1/30/10. At the 1yr mark I had like 24 or 25k. I do drive a lot. My commute to work is about 100 miles round trip. And I occasionally drive out to WV to visit friends.

i was pretty pissed. and she got mad cause she was convinced she didnt do it (or just didnt want to take the blame lol). ive calmed down about it some. just sucks cause the wheels are 1. $375 a pop. 2. custom fitment (not a standard size), and 3. not even a few weeks old.

the scratch isnt too deep, but its long, about 12" of the rim so its pretty noticeable. i figure if i ever feel like a color change, ill sand it out, and repaint the wheels, or possibly find someone who can match the color to the others, but being a matte bronze finish i doubt the latter.

anyway,

a few days ago i installed a master cylinder brace (royal PITA), and yesterday me and my buddy installed 4-pot calipers on the front, SS braided brake lines all around, and new pads all around.

calipers: regular Subaru 4-pots from a 06-07 WRX, i stripped and painted themblack with 2000* header paint, followed by 500* clear coat.
SS lines: Stop Tech SS braided all around
pads : Stop Tech street performance (similar to Hawk HPS) all around

pics:
IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

car feels good brake feel is a lot better, bite is better.

current mods:
Epic Engineering lowering springs (lowers about 1" all the way around)
Koni Yellow Sport struts/shocks
Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar
Kartboy short shifter with poly shifter bushings
Kartboy solid endlinks all around
Rally Armor mudflaps
17x9 +44 Work Emotion CR Kai wheels
Subaru FHI 4-pot front calipers
StopTech SS brake lines
StopTech Street Performance pads
Grimmspeed brake master cylinder brace

i think just a front 24mm sway bar and im about done doing what i want to do... for now lol.

Last edited:
yeah. so not done with this.

just did a 12 hr bushing install for the subframe and rear diff. to get the subframe and diff out, literally everything has to come apart. once thats done, you have to cut/burn/hammer the old shit out, then pop the new ones in. pics:

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

now unbolt the subframe and drop it down. again, we used the tranny jack to make things easier.

IMG_1315.JPG

now the fun begins...

Without a doubt the hardest part is getting the large bushings out. Even if you can maneuver the subframe onto a press, it's almost impossible to press them out because on side of the bushing has a lip that extends out and curls over. It took A LOT of burning, cutting, an hammering to get them out. Best results seemed to come from burning most of the rubber out with MAPP gas (hotter than propane) then making a cut in the bushing sleeve (which is like 1/4" thick) and finishing up with an air hammer and chisel attachment to pound it out. just work at it, try not to cut through the outer rings, and itll come. pics of the carnage to ensue...

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

IMG_13241.JPG

then put it all back together.

pain in the ass but the car feels MUCH more solid now. like night and day.

nice :)

what you did with the bushings is exactly what clayton showed me to do with ES bushings when I had my honda. been doing it that way since :)

which way? the burning and hammering? or the setup with the impact gun?

burning, cutting the sleeve, hammering out.

we did use a press where we could to speed things up though. but i don't have a press at home.

Back