My New 90 Civic DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Must_B16

Well I have now a Civic DX Hatchie! :D Right now it has a D15B non V-tec. And it is sitting on EP3 stock rims! Planning to put a B16a into it. I need some advice! Been seaching thru the forums recently and have found alot of things I can do. What would i really have to do if I'm going to swap the B16a into it? I know i gotta convert the OBD0 to an OBD1. Anything else? Throw in tips, comments, ANYTHING! That would help! Tell me what you guys/gals think! Its not in the best shape/body of the world but it works. Will be fix later on.

l_440dd047087d432b99a53400e03e98a4.jpg

l_bab43bb62e8e44e7bca9f85d4f503186.jpg

l_7f3667cab974418b9b786f68886556ca.jpg

looks good,looks like you need a patch panel for that well,other than that convert to mpfi and obd1

that's a good shell to start with, if you want advice TAKE YOUR TIME! AND HEED TO INJEN78'S SIG GOOD FAST CHEAP, you can pick only two.fast and cheap isn't goodgood and cheap isn't fastgood and fast isn't cheap

first of all i heart EP3 wheels on ef's!!!!! i kind of miss mine! b16 is def a good choice for these cars... makes them a lot more fun to drive and its a pretty easy swap. you dont necessarily have to upgrade to obd1 if you can find an obd-0 b16a like i got. other than that you dont have much to worry about... b series axles will plug right into your knuckles, bang out the drivers side frame a little to make clearance for the alternator and wire up the vtec. might also want to look into doing a rear disc brake conversion with a DA distribution block to help the brakes make up for the extra weight.

first of all i heart EP3 wheels on ef's!!!!! i kind of miss mine! b16 is def a good choice for these cars... makes them a lot more fun to drive and its a pretty easy swap. you dont necessarily have to upgrade to obd1 if you can find an obd-0 b16a like i got. other than that you dont have much to worry about... b series axles will plug right into your knuckles, bang out the drivers side frame a little to make clearance for the alternator and wire up the vtec. might also want to look into doing a rear disc brake conversion with a DA distribution block to help the brakes make up for the extra weight.

Very NICE! Now I'm going to start looking into a B16a OBD-0! Less work to me. :D But I really want to know like what is the difference between OBD-0 and OBD-1? I read the thread like the differences but really doesn't cut it. I just want a simple explanation instead of reading the whole book (i call it book since its a long page) Thanks for the info! Keep em' COMMING!!!^_^

the differance is basically just sensors...id i was you id get an obd1 motor and just convert to obd1..much more options after that

Back