my new build, B16 EJ8.. PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigNate

my new build, B16 EJ8.. PICS, its done, scroll down. lmk what you think

ok, alot of you know that my coupe is totaled, do most of you care, its likely that you dont. but oh well.
the womans insurance company didnt give me much money at all to work with so i had to make due with what i got, ya know, being 17 and working at napa, i dont have much money to go out and buy a car, so that leaves me with putting together my own.. but here was my coupe..
10.jpg

now here is my Newly aquired EJ8. bought it off Robbie at Raceline. gave me a good deal so i bought it.
213213004.jpg

213213003.jpg

213213002.jpg

213213001.jpg

these were pics i took monday, i didnt get the chance to take any recent ones because i ran out of daylight. but the motor is out of my eg, i doused the block w/ degreaser, got it all pretty lookin, and now im thinkin what i wanna do. if i want to drop the motor in the new coupe, and THEN do the harness, or if i want to do the harness while is on the hoist. but what ever, either way, it will be dropped in tommorow, just depends on if its in early in the day or later...

keep in mind this is my FIRST time swapping a honda, im 17 and im funding all of this with my charge account at napa, and im doing EVERYTHING by myself, absolutely no help. just my 5 year old brother handing me tools.. say what you want, i honestly dont care. just figure id post this up for the people who know me..

ill get some pics up tommorow night, when i get the motor in.

Last edited:
Nate I care mang.... Sorry about your Civic, we at HS have your back, if you need anything let us know, and most of all GOOD LUCK on your build and swap buddy. :)

Last edited:
its ok to be young and broke, we've all been there. You have the right attitude about everything and thats what counts!!

Good luck on the buildup! :)

thanks for the complements...

well, the OBD2 harness is on, the engine is dropped in with the help of a freind of mine who came down after work. so that made life ALOT eaiser. but anyways, like i was saying, its in and all the front susp. is back on, so im halfway there. now just hope i did the harness right so it will run lol...

heres a couple pics, two are when i pulled the motor out and put it in the ek, the other pic is my assistant taking care of that harness for me...

1006.jpg

1002.jpg

Last edited:
in the middle picture, how did you break the axle?

i like the shirt too lol

and for the axle, before i wrecked, the driver side started to click. so i just ripped the boot, pulled it out, and replaced both sides..

pics suck, but i guess they get the job done, now im just waiting on my jumper harness and i need to get the ass of this car dropped, im about to throw some D's on it..

1111004.jpg

1111003.jpg

1111002.jpg

1111001.jpg

lookin' good. the suspension will look really good. how much did you get the shell for?

Back