My new car. Thread now, pics now!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I picked it up last night, a 1992 BMW 525i Maroon on white. An 11 mile drive revealed a number of problems. All electronics work fine, sun roof, windows, cruise, audio, seats, mirrors, etc.. Even came with a free stereo system, 6 disk changer, 2 12" speakers for which I built the box for in high school, lol.. He still had it in his bmw all this time. Still bumps like a mofo too. (all of it is 8 years old) Pioneer diamond-plates ftw!

Anyway, the AC is out.. no idea whats wrong with it, didn't get to check for pressure in the lines. And the car shudders pretty bad under medum-heavy acceleration :eek:

I hope thats a dumb problem like goopy 2 year old transmission fluid or a tweaked driveshaft, but I fear the trans might be crap. Its too early to tell... It may be a driveline problem, as it feels like a pinion angle that is out of alignment.. Then again, it may be a clogged line in the transmission that will clear up with a little more driving. I can only hope.

On the brighter side, the seats are in much better condition than I remember. Both armrests are shot to hell, but the seats themselves are only dirty, not torn or overly worn or anything. Thats a nice bonus.

On to the pics. Yeah, they're shitty.. I shoved it into a corner of my backyard to sit for a while and shot a few pics this-morning. Still has two years worth of dirt on it.

bmw4.jpg

bmw1.jpg

bmw5.jpg

bmw6.jpg

bmw7.jpg

bmw2.jpg

bmw3.jpg

Now I need to save up a few more bucks and start replacing crap. Wee!

Last edited:
$1200.

Why? Well, hopefully I can make it a good temporary car for the wife while I tear the integra limb from limb and repaint/repair everything that is wrong with it. After that, I plan on selling it for a profit. In average condition it books at $3250.00, so if I put $800ish into it, I'll have $2k into the car, have it looking good, and could sell it pretty quick for $2500 or better. Probably will post it for book value and let 'em talk me down a little.

Hell I dunno, I might get attatched to the thing and use it for a highway cruiser. It gets damn near 30mpg.. which is twice what my jeep gets and has power everything, powered/heated seats, everything a beamer has..

If you want to buy it from me right now, I'll sell it to you as-is for $1600. :D

Yeah.. that would make a great camping vehicle.. And towing/launching/retrieving my 21' ski boat wouldn't be a problem for it either, I'm sure.

The jeep is my "sport UTILITY vehicle". I have it because I need it.

no no no.. If you are to carry a gun in a BMW it must be a machine gun mounted strategically in a brief case. Black suit and dark glasses are also required.

I think its in the user manual somewhere.

Back