1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new car. Thread now, pics now!

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by phyregod, Aug 22, 2006.

1. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

I picked it up last night, a 1992 BMW 525i Maroon on white. An 11 mile drive revealed a number of problems. All electronics work fine, sun roof, windows, cruise, audio, seats, mirrors, etc.. Even came with a free stereo system, 6 disk changer, 2 12" speakers for which I built the box for in high school, lol.. He still had it in his bmw all this time. Still bumps like a mofo too. (all of it is 8 years old) Pioneer diamond-plates ftw!

Anyway, the AC is out.. no idea whats wrong with it, didn't get to check for pressure in the lines. And the car shudders pretty bad under medum-heavy acceleration :eek:

I hope thats a dumb problem like goopy 2 year old transmission fluid or a tweaked driveshaft, but I fear the trans might be crap. Its too early to tell... It may be a driveline problem, as it feels like a pinion angle that is out of alignment.. Then again, it may be a clogged line in the transmission that will clear up with a little more driving. I can only hope.

On the brighter side, the seats are in much better condition than I remember. Both armrests are shot to hell, but the seats themselves are only dirty, not torn or overly worn or anything. Thats a nice bonus.

On to the pics. Yeah, they're shitty.. I shoved it into a corner of my backyard to sit for a while and shot a few pics this-morning. Still has two years worth of dirt on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I need to save up a few more bucks and start replacing crap. Wee!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

how much did it run you and why did you purchase it?

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

$1200.

Why? Well, hopefully I can make it a good temporary car for the wife while I tear the integra limb from limb and repaint/repair everything that is wrong with it. After that, I plan on selling it for a profit. In average condition it books at $3250.00, so if I put $800ish into it, I'll have $2k into the car, have it looking good, and could sell it pretty quick for $2500 or better. Probably will post it for book value and let 'em talk me down a little.

Hell I dunno, I might get attatched to the thing and use it for a highway cruiser. It gets damn near 30mpg.. which is twice what my jeep gets and has power everything, powered/heated seats, everything a beamer has..

If you want to buy it from me right now, I'll sell it to you as-is for $1600. :D

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

i would rather have THAT than your jeep.

5. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Yeah.. that would make a great camping vehicle.. And towing/launching/retrieving my 21' ski boat wouldn't be a problem for it either, I'm sure.

The jeep is my "sport UTILITY vehicle". I have it because I need it.

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

but but but....where is the gun rack?

7. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

no no no.. If you are to carry a gun in a BMW it must be a machine gun mounted strategically in a brief case. Black suit and dark glasses are also required.

I think its in the user manual somewhere.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted