My New Car!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice Car

So, my fugly CRX died, again. Fuck that. So, I went looking for a new rex and this is what I found!:

1991 Honda Civic CRX si

Mine!!! I sold my old one for $525 and am getting this one!!! Yay! I'm going to get it tonight. Anyway, it's completely stock.

This was basically my dream CRX before I came across my other one. It's only had two owners ever and looks to be well taken care of. This time around though, I'm getting the timing belt replaced first off and an oil change. Learned my lesson the first time. Any other ideas on what to check first??? I don't want to run into the same issues as last time....

Nice car men, Congrats. I will get rid of that Bra, because it will rot the hood badly trust me i bought a 2000 Civic SI and that was a big problem for me hood rotted and bumper was white like paint instead of SI Blue. As for the rims i personally do not like them but its your choice and i know you just got the car so it will take time for you to get the car to look the way you want. Best of Luck
Nice Car....

It came with the rims. I'm a girl. I took the bra off, but it wouldn't rot the hood really at all considering I live in the desert. Virtually no rust here. Thanks though!

^^^
I still have it. I'm gonna stick it on for my trip to Washington in a couple weeks and for the winter. I kind of liked it too. But I also love how the Si bumper looks, so off it goes for the summer and fall!!! :D

So, real quick, any ideas on the steering issue? It's really annoying. I'll look like a female body builder in the next few weeks with the way this thing jerks around. I don't know though, could it really be the rims??? I can't think of anything immediate that would cause that kind of craziness.

So, real quick, any ideas on the steering issue? It's really annoying. I'll look like a female body builder in the next few weeks with the way this thing jerks around. I don't know though, could it really be the rims??? I can't think of anything immediate that would cause that kind of craziness.

What is the steering issue? I didn't see it.. If its hard to turn, check the pressure in the front tires. Also, keep an eye out for a kid with stock alloys of some sort on his car and offer him to trade straight up. Get some fat 5's or some LS meshes.. Hell, anything.

Hm. Could be. My grandma thought maybe the tires wore completely shittily. I don't know about that. I thought maybe the allignment was totally fucked up. But my other rex's looked more off than this on and it steered perfectly will little resistance. So, I really hope it's not some totally expensive sterring issue. I can probably afford a $200-250 fix before my trip to Washington. I leave on the 18th, so I could figure it before then!!! Thanks for the help so far!

What is the steering issue? I didn't see it.. If its hard to turn, check the pressure in the front tires. Also, keep an eye out for a kid with stock alloys of some sort on his car and offer him to trade straight up. Get some fat 5's or some LS meshes.. Hell, anything.

The steering issue specifaically is that if I go over any kind of bump or rough bump in the road, the steering wheel is jerked really hard sideways. When I brake it's the same issue. When I take off, the same issue. It gets better after the car drives a bit.

sounds like tie rod ends.or traction rod problems to me...AND +1 FOR THE BRALESS PIX from you and your roomy

Yeah? Shit, I don't have time to dick around down there right now, and I work all the time....I'll probably have my mechanic look at it, or one of my roomie'ss friends. He'll fix it for free, I just gotta get the parts. But yeah, I'll look into that.

I work at goodyear and tie rod ends just the parts are pretty cheap. So if you could hit up carquest or a place like that and pick them up you could probably easily keep the fix under $300. It just depends on where you get them put on. It should only cost like one hour of labor though. They are relatively simple to install if you know what you are doing.

Hm. Yeah, I'll look into it. I'm going to make an appointment to have it checked out to make ure that's what's up.

Carefully jack up the car by the lower "a" arm and wiggle the tire around. If there is any free play, find out where it is coming from. That should give you a good clue. Could be shot wheel bearings, dragging brakes, one brake not actuating, among all the other things listed above. Also, put the front of the car on jack stands and inspect all of the suspension components for anything loose, bent, or out of place. Look for rub marks, grab everything and shake it around.. Look for worn out bushings. Try to find out what is loose down there.

Yeah, I'll try that. I was going to check the brakes as it is. I think they're on their way out. I was thinking maybe a warped rotor, but I'm not sure about the considering it seems to be both sides and I don't hear any squeaking. But yeah, I'll check that out this weekend on my days off. Or take it to the mechanics and they might do it real quick for free.

Back