My New Car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice!

AWD turbos are fun stuff! :)

what are you tuned with?? playing with the ebc without a re-flash that is programmed for those boost levels could be a very very very abd mistake...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 19 2005, 04:37 AM
what are you tuned with?? playing with the ebc without a re-flash that is programmed for those boost levels could be a very very very abd mistake...
[post=556496]Quoted post[/post]​

To tell you the truth, I don't know.. I bought it from a dealer.. Is there a way I can tell?

That car is fucking beautiful. I bet it drives like a monster too. I like that color, and those wheels are on the spot. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by dveit@Sep 19 2005, 02:24 PM
That car is fucking beautiful. I bet it drives like a monster too. I like that color, and those wheels are on the spot. :thumbsup:
[post=556584]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes.. Yes it does! :ph34r: Thanks..

Originally posted by JDMPlaya+Sep 19 2005, 07:05 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 19 2005, 04:37 AM

To tell you the truth, I don't know.. I bought it from a dealer.. Is there a way I can tell?
[post=556553]Quoted post[/post]​

Well for one you could call the dealership and ask em.

What was the boost set at when you bought the car? If it was set at stock then i bet that the EBC is the only electronic thingy you have in there (i highly doubt its chipped, as dealer cars have to pass emmissions and such).

It was a toyota dealer, they are not going to know shit EBC was set at 25% over stock

ask them who traded in the car or sold it to them. Just say you want to ask them a few technical questions and shit. i dont see why they wouldnt do that.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya+Sep 19 2005, 08:05 AM-->

find the ecu... you might be able to tell if it was replaced with a utec or something... not just a reflash.

JDMPlaya
@Sep 19 2005, 11:38 AM
just called them, they said they can't give me there information
[post=556625]Quoted post[/post]​

call them back, and give them YOUR info and have them contact him and give them your info. that way if he wants to contact you he can so privately.

you didin't get the title yet (as you have a loan on it), so you can't see the name... but maybe you can get that info from the dmv? at least the name you should be able to get... from there, google and white page searches are your friends.

hell, its modded.

post up on nosiac or something... be like, is this your old car? lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 19 2005, 03:48 PM-->
Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Sep 19 2005, 08:05 AM

find the ecu... you might be able to tell if it was replaced with a utec or something... not just a reflash.

JDMPlaya
@Sep 19 2005, 11:38 AM
just called them, they said they can't give me there information
[post=556625]Quoted post[/post]​

call them back, and give them YOUR info and have them contact him and give them your info. that way if he wants to contact you he can so privately.

you didin't get the title yet (as you have a loan on it), so you can't see the name... but maybe you can get that info from the dmv? at least the name you should be able to get... from there, google and white page searches are your friends.

hell, its modded.

post up on nosiac or something... be like, is this your old car? lol
[post=556627]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a good idea.. I'll do that

So I would ask for the previous owner name at the DMV?

I posted a question on nosiac to see if there a way to tell, no luck yet but yea I'll just post pics and see if anyone remembers this car

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 19 2005, 03:48 PM
Would carfax give you prior owner info?
[post=556626]Quoted post[/post]​

I was thinking that also.. I'm not sure...

Carfax might tell you the name of the prior title holder, but then again it was a brand new car so more than likely it was financed and a lending company had possession of the title.

You can call your lender and ask if they'll give you the prior title holder's name, which other than carfax is probably your best bet. This is a longshot though.

The DMV won't be handing a name out to you because its a violation of privacy, same with the dealer. These two institutions certainly don't have the right to be handing out personal information to a third party.

My course of action would be;
Call up your lender and see if you can find a private party's name on the title.

Carfax the car and gain as much information as you can about the previous owner, see if this gets you anywhere.

Post up in the local forums and in a bunch of the most frequented forums on sites like www.nasioc.com www.clubwrx.net www.i-club.com www.rs25.com and whatever your local subaru board is in your state.

YA, don't play with boost if its not tuned in some way. You'll grenade that motor! I would def. put it back to stock. :)
Have fun!

got a suggestion to use an OpenPort interface, so I can dump the ROM with the openecu.org software. Than I can compare it with other known ECU ROM images to see what It has and if it is altered.

ALSO, took off that gay ass banner! It looks so much better

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 18 2005, 05:04 PM
keep the hood, just get a black fmic. looks good mang.
[post=556358]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Keep the scoop, but flip it around for ventilating heat. Get the black ceramic coated FMIC. Actually, go with the RS hood. I'm all about the sleeper.

:thumbsup: on the car!

without banner...

withoutbanner.jpg

Back