My new car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that thing is HIT.

good luck with the repairs.... and look into some better seats right away. those vinyl shits are the SUCK

A good thing to do is to take almost all the interior stuff out, like seats, consoles - trim etc and just douche the entire inside. Carpet clean the carpet, de-grease and re-coat the plastic (with Armor-all, etc), vacuum EVERYTHING and wash the headliner too. I'd also suggest doing some regular maintenance like new trans fluid, bleed the clutch and change the fuel filter.

Good luck though, and keep us updated with progress and pics!

Oh noes! I paid $800 bux for an STD!

I was washing the motor out after the carwash yesterday and I saw...D15B1!!!!
I guess he took out the 4-speed and stuck a 5 in it. That explains the plastic seats and lack of DX emblem. But it has a/c.
Oh well. I guess that's why I was having so much trouble going fast. Maybe the z6 head will make a huge difference. At least I hope so.

At least you have a 5-spd. I knew it was an STD as soon as I saw it had no console.

Z6 head NAO.

Nothing wrong with a Std...shit, I wish I could get my hands on a 4-speed tranny for my CRX.
i used a four speed for like 2 years w like three motors, the jdm d15bvtec finally killed second gear, got an ex,, and was very happy.....

24 / 7 / 365 of pure, unadulterated convenience for cheap parts!

If they don't sell it, you don't need it. And they're open 363 days of the year...and, get this, in CA Mal-Wart closes at like 9pm! Blew my mind when I got out here. If you need a set of bolt cutters after that, you're just SOL. Seriously, WTF Sam?

radiator fluid?

aka coolant or anitfreeze
A coolant, or heat transfer fluid, is a fluid which flows through a device in​

order to prevent its overheating, transferring the heat produced by the device ...

en.wikipedia.org​
And, dude, I'd make sure it's not coolant, because it really looks like it to me. Junkyard radiators are a good way to go, IMHO....and cheaper that replacing motor before you're ready to ....

I believe that it'll plug in, but the shroud that covers the cluster is different.
The shroud is def. different, & I'm not sure that there's hookups for the tach. Honda might have used the same harnesses & wiring for all clusters...but I don't know. Pulll yours apart, see what it looks like, put it back together, & search junkyard for clusters w/ tach to see. Si cluster would at least have the tach and fit under the glare shield....even if the tach isn't plug & play....

Nothing wrong with a Std...shit.
:eek:lol:

that wasn't me saying that. it's not radiator fluid and i'm gonna grab the cluster out of the 89 wagovan when i get some extra cash. the wagon is automatic, but it has a tach and i'm pretty sure it'll work. oh and wal-mart sux

aka coolant or anitfreeze
A coolant, or heat transfer fluid, is a fluid which flows through a device in​
order to prevent its overheating, transferring the heat produced by the device ...
en.wikipedia.org​

I know what coolant is, I was giving you a hard time because you referred to it as 'radiator fluid'.

the Civic and CRX fronts are not completely bolt on swappable. one of claytons buddies in meriden did this IIRC.

dang. oh well. it's gonna have to be flat blacked anyway. the front piece above the bumper and rear piece above the bumper are getting replaced. the only civics like this at the junk yard are gray and black. i got that rear trim piece though!

i have a leak in/around the gas tank. im getting really shitty gas mileage in town, i think gas is sloshing out. I saw a gas puddle under the tank earlier. goddamn i have a lot to do this weekend.................

Back