My New Daily Driver

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
So I picked this up today... http://macteens.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10109/normal_volvo.jpg (not this exact one, but just like it)

I know, I know, it's not a damn Honda but is there any of us that are still rockin' a Honda? lol well maybe some of us but you know what I mean lol

Anyway, it's a 1985 Volvo 740 GLE, non-turbo. I got it for free from my grandfather. It only has 99k original miles :) The motor purrs like a beauty. Doesn't shake, sputter or mis-fire like most of the other 22 year old motors you see out there on the road. The interior is in good shape, especially for it's age but the roof liner looks pretty bad.

My grandfather told me he hasn't started it in almost 2 years. I went over there with a gas can, threw the gas in, and that shit fired right up. It runs good except there are a few things I need/want to do:

Oil Change
Spark Plugs & Wires
Cap & Rotor
Brakes
Valve Cover Gasket
Fuel Filter
Air Filter (K&N FTW? :lol: maybe :ph34r:)
Tranny Fluid Change
O2 Sensor(s)
New Cat
New Muffler (the old one fell off, literally lol)

So what do you guys think? $300-$500 and i'll have this car in tip-top shape...not too shabby if I must say so myself:D

Discuss...

Last edited:
haha, get some rims and hit the gangsta lean....

nice pick up.

free is free. cant complain for a decent for for a few hundred bucks of work.

you could drive through a school with that car... old volvos can not be killed by conventional means

my good friend had a 85 wagon, shit lasted FOREVERRRR. when he sold it it had 270k on it, still running good too. Find a snowy parking lot and let the fun begin!!!!

i'm actually kind of excited too :D some of the older guys at work wanted to buy it off me when I told them i was going to get it.

It only snows every few years where i'm at so i don't think i'll get to play in the snow until next year. RWD can be fun :)

SMokey!!!!!!!!

only CART guys know that.....:)

Nice. My mom had one same year, but a wagon. Great car. Was a tank, and actually did very well in the snow.

Go for it! Even those older Volvo cars are working well and others can still revive those who are not. You can work it out. There are a lot of dealers of parts out there. But make sure of the quality. I was mistaken once last year. But, hopefully, when I found this Volvo oxygen sensor I had a great dealer ever since. Good luck! I would be waiting for the following post about this.

fuck a 17k car... im gonna buy a cheap crv, volvo wagon and send it here.. Converse Engineering: Home of the "Volv8"

place does ford v8 volvo conversions out of Naples Maine (southern maine)

in their shop cars, they say plans to put a 6cyl turbo diesel into a 318 and run it on vegetable oil, neat stuff.

Last edited:
Back