My new EK9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanwolfe911

My new EK9

I just bought this yesterday. I got a hell of a deal on it. The car had even more shit in it than the seller said. I got it and it has tokico 5 ways, with ground control coilovers, and a full energy suspension bushing kit. I hate the paint job, it's too flashy for me, I am gonna paint it championship white and get rid of the Bling-Bling wheels. (they are TSW's with brand new tires) I figure I can get at least 600 for them. I will by a set of 15 inch rotas or something. If any onw wants the stupid ricey taillights that came with the car, they are yours for $50. They are new in the box. I think I am gonna turbo the single cam until it blows and then put my B16A in it. You can't tell from the pics, but the paint looks like a pearl necklace, it's really opalecent. I also need to get rid of the faux carbon fiber M3 mirrors too, I hate fake carbon fiber. What do you'all think?

not bad but damn it has alot of miles on it. the paint looks all fuct up in the pics. looks like some spots are chipped up and peeling pretty bad especially the rear bumper. the interior looks pretty clean. other than that, not bad for what you paid for it :)

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Nov 19 2003, 09:34 PM
save the time and aggravation of boosting a y8 with 180,xxx miles on it....

just swap in the b16....

:D

dood thats not a y8...thats a y7. the intake on a y8 comes out from the side and not the top like y7 does on the throttle body :)

dude that thing is ghetto fab. hah.

nice project though. under 3grand = :thumbsup:

yeah it is ghetto fab. lol. the motor has 175 lbs of compression in all 4 cylinders and seems pretty healthy, so I am gonna boost it until it blows. I have a built B16 ready to go in anyway, so I really don't care. And yeah, the paint on the bumpers is chipped, but I am reapinting the whole car anyway, so It doesn't bother me. I am gonna get rid of anything ricey on the car. Any one want the wheels? I will make you a deal.

yeah , i thought so, thats why I jumped on it so fast. I had a 93 si, I just sold it for $3800, and bought this, so I thin I made out pretty good. The car is 10 times bettter than what the description says, you know that almost never happens. The guys I bought it off of, owned a car dealership , so I thin kthey just wanted to move it fast. I ran a carfax on it and everything came back clean, and I found out it was a one owner car. I think I just got the deal of the century. Yeah the mileage i pretty high, but It was very well taken care of from what I can see. No oil leaks, doesn't burn any oil, and drive nice and straight. Clutch is good, no grinds in the tranny. The interior is a little dirty , but it will clean up nice. Funny though, it had this huge Boat horn under the hood , that is loud as fuck, it's hilarious. I don't know why the origianl owner painted it though, it was dark blue. Guess he just got tired of the color. I put a magnet everywhere on the car and ther is no bondo any where or any obvious accident damage. It fuckin rules!!!

please, when you paint it, reinstall the side skirts, and paint the door stops to match the rest of the car. It will look million times better. heh.

nothing says I was beat on like an intake and a muffler....but great car for the price....and if it runs real well, even better......I would take it for that price even if I knew it was beat on daily.

My "unicorn" Honda at this point is an all ORIGINAL white EK hatch...

I wish I could find one... Only seen 2 in Memphis, and once was beat the fuck up.

Its not fair... that's exactly what I wanted but I cant swap :rawr: Good find :thumbsup:

whoa cool deal and nice car.. dont like the rims or all the "fast" yellow in the engine bay, but its a steal.. for what you got it for, im sure you can get TypeR lips to make it nicer.. btw, why would u wanna spin 3000 to blow up ur motor? then buy some more parts and get rid of wasted parts to fit ur new motor?? wouldn't you have to change the pipings if you reinstalled ur turbo into a B series?? anyway, just get a used 200 nitrous kit and fucking watch the fireworks..

I already have a left over homemade turbo kit for a "D" series that I had on my 93 si, I really don't have to spend much money at all to put it on the Y7. I think it's gonna be hilarious when it punches a fist size hole in the oil pan from too much boost. Started re-painting the car already, and yes I am gonna color match everything. I bought a grip of carbon fiber parts for it already, a hood, rear spoiler, mirrors and front lip spoiler. It's gonna look hella tight. Ive wanted an EK for the longest time. Yeah I had a pretty nice and fast EG, but It was time to part with her.

Back