my new engine is in..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustang67n

just got done with my ZC swap.. everything is working fine.. except im getting a CEL.

code 5..

5- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98 * 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 96-98 85-98
MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure)
mechanical problem / disconnected piping
* exc 94-95

there is one vacuum hose that is not connected as there is no-where for it to connect to on my manifold.. would that throw this code?

if your map sensor is not connected to the intake via a vacuum hose, yes, it will throw that code.

i found where it goes, and its running great now!

theres another vacuum hose that comes off from near the MAP sensor though that has no-where to go.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Bakerboy4679/CRX/Engine pull/IM1.jpg
the small hose going from the back of the IM to near the MAP sensor in this pic. on my IM there is no nipple for the hose to go to!
so im wondering what it is that this is for (it goes to a cylinder thing that has wires coming out of it and also another vacuum line going from it to the canister on the left of the firewall)

wtf is it and what can i do to get it to a vacuum? or, can i just cap off the vacuum line?

Last edited:
i found where it goes, and its running great now!

theres another vacuum hose that comes off from near the MAP sensor though that has no-where to go.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Bakerboy4679/CRX/Engine pull/IM1.jpg
the small hose going from the back of the IM to near the MAP sensor in this pic. on my IM there is no nipple for the hose to go to!
so im wondering what it is that this is for (it goes to a cylinder thing that has wires coming out of it and also another vacuum line going from it to the canister on the left of the firewall)

wtf is it and what can i do to get it to a vacuum? or, can i just cap off the vacuum line?
that line is for the Purge Control Solenoid (the round thing on the firewall next to the MAP) - you don't really need it for the car to run right - is this a DOHC ZC or SOHC?

the SOHC ZC came in different configurations depending on whether it came from a EF, EG or EK - does it have 3 ports on the front of the intake manifold, one smaller to fuel pressure regulator, 1 larger one in center to PCV valve and another smaller to a dashpot? (like on the D16A6) - if it is like that you can install a tee into the one that goes to the dashpot and run a line to the bottom of the Purge Solenoid

no, it only has 2 on the front, PCV valve and FPR.

and theyre are 2 on the TB. one for the MAP and the other goes to the canister on the firewall

about your only options are to "tee" off one of the other lines or do away with the purge control

alright.. what exactly does the purge control do? if its not that important i can just get rid of it

Back