1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new GS-R =)

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by meshca, Feb 14, 2007.

1. meshca

meshca New Member

I posted a lot in the hybrid section and such about either keeping my civic, going for a 240, boosting a b16, etc etc. So finally i found a 94 integra GS-R:D and it's in perfect condition for a car that old. The only thing i've had to fix is the axles, and maybe the compressor belt. Otherwise, it has a good suspension(even though i'm changing it to tein), new clean apexi exhaust however it's damn huge and somewhat loud. Dc headers, and a newer gsr block. Just in time for v-day, its red heh. :cool:

-alex

p.s. sorry for the unproffesional crappy photos, the camera sucks and i was in a hurry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and one that i screwed up but it looks like the taillight is on fire:
    [​IMG]

2. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

nice man!! only thing i dont like is the exhaust. Friend from hs had one on his gsr with high flow cat, header etc sounded like ricey ass. WS or rsr, do eeeettt

3. meshca

meshca New Member

Mine doesn't really sound that horrible, it's just damn to loud.. but it doesnt rattle like a bumble bee or make a gorrila getting raped noise. I'm probably going to get a silencer put in, no point in changing a perfectly good exhaust. I'll just take the silencer out every time i go to the track or feel i need to get revenge on my neighbors in the future.

4. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

very true. hope you have fun with it!!!! so how much cash you got left over?? plans?

5. formby

formby learning in progress

6. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

don't spend a single penny on that fucker without putting a good alarm, autolock and 2 kill switches on it. don't buy an intake, don't buy suspension, don't even buy a new cd for it. you've been officially warned by uncle nick.

7. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

^ Theft central.

I would take the GSR badge off of it :/

How much you pay for it?

8. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

What kind of suspension is on it now? I might be interested in buying it when you go to Tein.

9. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i'd also put some sirens inside the car, behind the glove box.. so its extra loud inside, but run them off another battery

10. meshca

meshca New Member

There's no gsr badges on the integras as far as i know.. the vin number codes say its a gsr, but as for plans:

ALARM: getting it on thursday, why 2 kill switches? starter kill and fuel?
    suspension: bought some tein basics,
    it already has yellow neuspeed springs and i think oem replaced shocks didn't look at it much when it was up on a lift, but i need something a little higher because the car's to low and something better.
    going n/a, building the block, etc.

got the car for 3500, has a lot of miles on teh body but much less on engine. I'm going to keep it looking stock on the outside, probably keep those rims, and do a little on the inside and a custom fiberglass audio system in the trunk. one that is small and i can remove when i go to the track.

11. get_nick

put 1 kill switch super obvious, like under the dash. mount the second one inside the glove box compartment but up near the dash. then you would just open the glove box and flip the switch above the compartment inside the dash area.

just do 2 regular ignition cuts. but get an autolock for the clutch. it will make it harder to start. i would rather have my car destroyed and still have it, than have it be completely gone.

12. Cashizslick

I like this idea. Sounds like it would really frustrate them. . . . depending on the DB limit, it could incapacitate them -> say if you pumped around 140db (civil defence siren limit) then the crooks inside would have to hold their ears instead of your stereo system . . . ..

13. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

^^ thats what i plan on doing once i get my car painted.. they wont be able to stand being in the car to steal it

14. meshca

meshca New Member

15. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

good plans. i <3 fat fives, good choice on keepin em ;) gps tracking is your friend.

16. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Just get one of these and your fine Ravelco Anti Theft Device. The only way to steal it then is with a trailer or towtruck.

17. meshca

meshca New Member

so if they have a tow truck, whats next, create a smooth-frictionless surface cover on the bottom of my car, or lube the entire car in vaseline

18. get_nick

thats why compustar is a good alarm. is has shock sensors that notify you if something is going on. then you can run out to your car before it gets towed away.

19. meshca

meshca New Member

Heh sold, i'm getting one.
    Now that doesnt include the purpose of an alarm, so i'm going to get a alarm as well, with a loud siren heh. Cause with the ravelco they technically don't have to 'steal' the car, they can jus strip it right then and there.

20. Cashizslick

Thats bullshit - all they have to do is bypass the ignition.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted