1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new hatch

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by Woodster, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Woodster

Woodster Member

HEy everybody,
    Last week I was in denver and I finally picked up my hatch. Its a 93 dx, 199,000 miles on it and running strong. New tires/windshield/distributor/plugs/wires. Doesnt burn any oil, and gets awesome gas mileage. I gutted it this week, and Ill get those pics on here sometime later. My plans for it are to save up for a b18c1, then build that, then piece together a nice turbo setup. Hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry the pics are a little dark.
    Damnit, I contacted WTDR, hopefully they will add honda swap to there list. Sorry, if they dont get things fixed, Ill find some other way to host it.

2. baker423

baker423 Senior Member

Use imageshack..i wanna see some pics!!!

3. Woodster

Woodster Member

Im at school right now. WHen I get home from work tonight Ill sign up for imageshack. Its free right? If so, theyre will be pics up tonight sometime.

4. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

OWN3D by we-did-todd

5. Woodster

Woodster Member

Woot! WTDR added hondaswap. Well, theyre are the pics. Im chompin at the bit to get a b18c1 in there. Im still debating though whether I want to go with b16 and boost, or b18 and boost. Im thinkin b18, but for the money, the b16 is a hell of a lot cheaper. Any suggestions? My goal is this, when im done, I want to be able to beat this guy that is in the next town over that has a z28 camaro, i think its a 99 or so. Is this attainable with a b16 and a nice turbo setup and then tuned like a mofo? Or would a b18 be a better candidate?

6. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

can be done with the b16 but i would always say go witht the b18 and then go from there much beter dtarting point

7. Woodster

Woodster Member

Kind of what I was thinking. Even though the price is a big obstacle, I think the b18 would be a much better starting point, and it has many good roads that I could go to make it what I want. I think it is a pretty obtainable goal to beat this guys z28, mind you, that is one goal, not all of them.

8. Lshatch916

Lshatch916 Senior Member

teal power!!!!!! im partial to the b18 boosted

9. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

10. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

For pretty cheap, you can just swap a LS into it, drive it for a while to save up some extra cash, then slap the B16 head on.

11. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

You will hook up better with b16 boost.

12. Woodster

Woodster Member

Hmmm, ive heard a lot about this ls/vtec and then boosted is pretty damn nice. Havent been able to exactly get a straight answer on what is involved in it. What does the ls block come from, and then where does the vtec head come from? Im still undecided, gotta start saving some money first. Still got $582 to pay off to my mother and then its time to start saving.

13. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

The general idea is to use an LS block from a DA integra ('90 to '93) and a B16 head (from an SiR-II).

14. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Or any B18B/A and any DOHC vtec head. If you're going the way of a frankenstein, go B20, why pay more money for less displacment?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted