My New Job!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Well I got a great opportunity through a buddy of mine that works at Bayer. He recommended me to a company called Med-Care for a position that they had open. And I got the J-O-B...!!!

My position is a Pharmaceutical Field Representative which is essentially a Pharma Sales Rep.

The pay is good at 35-45k with 10-20k with commission and auto mileage repayment. I am going in Tuesday next weekf or salary negotiation and to sign my contract/privacy clause.

HOrrayY for JDmilan...

Yea, I just got a new job too, not nearly as much pay as you, but the benefits are just awesome, they pay for everything. And I mean they pay, ZERO comes out of my paycheck, of course I have to be there for three months, but who cares. I can't wait, I have a cavaty that is killing me, and I need a tooth cleaning. Congrats man, I have been looking for two months and just got hired, so I know how relieving it can be to get a job.

yeah, I hear that. I get full medical coverage. And I need my wisdom teeth to get pulled the fuck out.

Yeah, just need to save up 12G's for the car which shouldn't take that long - figure like 6 months with spending involved for the car to be complete.

6g's for the motor and all components.

I figure the suspension, rims, LSD, and paintjob will come first - then the SR :)

congrats man! lets see..you work at a shop building fast cars, getting hook-ups AND you have an awesome job to boot. i now officially hate you :nutkick:

congrats! id reccomend the motor prior to paint. or bring it to the shop with the motor pulled so you can get the bay painted aswell.

nah - I don't mind the color of the engine bay, if anything I will paint it myself with the spray gun at the shop when the motor is out.

I just dont' like gold but the car was too good to pass up.

Congrats!! I need a job myself....real bad!!! What does a field representative do? Just curious!!

Congrat's on the job dude....

I found out 2 days ago that I got and increase in pay, and also a higher labor grade.....I am now a Sr. Composite Worker....bumped my pay from 22.30 to 22.81 an hour...I make more now than I did in the production hanger....and I work less, and screw around on the computer more......hehe

Field representitive is a nice way of saying, unless you are a great talker, you will make no money, because people don't buy shit door to door. It is sales, tried it, did okay, I was getting buy, but some weeks nothing, next week good. It is just a lot better to get a steady pay check.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 1 2003, 09:11 PM
Congrat's on the job dude....

I found out 2 days ago that I got and increase in pay, and also a higher labor grade.....I am now a Sr. Composite Worker....bumped my pay from 22.30 to 22.81 an hour...I make more now than I did in the production hanger....and I work less, and screw around on the computer more......hehe

nice!

yes it is sales, yes it will lead to better careers options in the future, this is a starting point and since you put it in a not so lucrative way I did mention 35-45k salary on top of that 0-20k commission, and mileage pay back, call it whatever you want but in my book straight out of graduating college - good option.

this isn't permanent just a stepping stone in my career, in 2-3 years the experience will be worth a lot.

Have a close buddy doing similar work with Merck, he makes 50k salary, 20k commission and has a company car.

Every person I have spoke to that knows this field says that it can be very lucrative.

my friends dad makes over 100 grand doing what your are

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 31 2003, 02:46 PM
Well I got a great opportunity through a buddy of mine that works at Bayer. He recommended me to a company called Med-Care for a position that they had open. And I got the J-O-B...!!!

My position is a Pharmaceutical Field Representative which is essentially a Pharma Sales Rep.

The pay is good at 35-45k with 10-20k with commission and auto mileage repayment. I am going in Tuesday next weekf or salary negotiation and to sign my contract/privacy clause.

HOrrayY for JDmilan...

Didn't you just get a job at a car place or something mang?

Or was that someone else???

Either way, Sweet and good luck! :thumbsup:

yeah, I was helping my buddies brand new shop with business and I did it for fun reasons and to help him out, I am still going to help him out occassionally - a couple days a week.

I had my first day today and honestly, what some might consider this sales, it's rather low key, effective, relationship building.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 3 2003, 05:14 PM
jeebus!

Jeebus ownz...I thought me and my brother were the only two that said that. :lol:

JD. Sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders...don't lose it, like I constantly do. :lol:

Back