my new phone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A friend of mine has one and it is awesome. He took his old phone in to verizon and said look, its all jacked up. I want something so durable. They gave him this phone on a trial base for a week and he went outside and ran it over with his 1ton dump truck and it survived so he walked back in and said i'll take it.

Im thinking about giving up my ease of texting features on my EnV for this phone.

Last edited:
meets military specs b!tch
What exactly are the military specs? Whats the worst that could happen to it? Dropping it in the motor pool and running it over with a track? Not like you can take it in theater with you...lol. On a jump, if your phone gets fk'd up from a jump you are just as well going to be, and wont be using it layed up in a hopsital....lol 12 years and never once had a phone break or get damaged on me. If the training is that intense dont take it. If it starts raining...ziplock bags FTW!!!

Non the less, durable phone i guess :D

Military Standards Testing

The G'zOne Type-S passed all of the following tests, performed in accordance with Military Standards 810F, with all ports (battery, headset and charging) on the phone closed:
  • The Water Resistance test was performed in accordance with Method 506.4, Procedure I. The G'zOne Type-S was subjected to this test with the handset open and closed, but with ports closed for 30 minutes on the front of the unit and then 30 minutes on the back of the unit. The test was designed to simulate rainfall of 2 inches per hour with a 40 MPH wind.
    Result: The G'zOne Type-S showed no visible evidence of damage or deterioration caused by testing.
  • The Humidity test was performed in accordance with Method 507.4. The G'zOne Type-S tested for operation after the conclusion of the tenth cycle. Each cycle was 24 hours and the entire test was performed over ten days. The temperature was cycled between 86 and 140°F with the relative humidity at 95 percent constant.
    Result: The G'zOne Type-S showed no visible evidence of damage or deterioration caused by testing.
  • The Drop test was performed in accordance with Method 516.5, Procedure IV. The G'zOne Type-S was sequentially dropped in non-operating mode, onto each face, edge and corner for a total of 26 drops from a height of 1.50 meters (4.9 feet). The drop surface was defined as two-inch-thick plywood over a steel plate over concrete.
    Result: The G'zOne Type-S powered on.
  • The Dust Resistance test was performed in accordance with Method 510.4, Procedure I. A temperature of 95°F was used for this test. Silica flour as defined by the test standard was used. Devices are given a passing grade when moving parts are not bound or blocked and if the unit powers on.
    Result: The G'zOne Type-S showed no visible evidence of damage or deterioration.
  • The Immersion test was conducted in accordance with Method 512.4, Procedure 1, with the handset immersed in water for a period of 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter with ports closed.
    Result: The G'zOne successfully powered on with no visible evidence of damage or deterioration.

Back