My New Project Car Cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyregod
And go grab some semi-gloss spray paint and re-do the wipers. Cant have a freshly painted car with faded/messed up wipers.

Definitely can't.

all it takes is a can of black paint

Maaco?
And go grab some semi-gloss spray paint and re-do the wipers. Cant have a freshly painted car with faded/messed up wipers.
Definitely can't.
all it takes is a can of black paint

Ok guys i'll fix that ASAP TOMORROW MORNING:D

The Z6 block is now 100% bare. I'll drop it with head tomorrow morning to the machine shop. They said that i'll get them back sometime next week. I have some questions.

1-Shouldn't i get the internal and send to them with the block to make sure that size ,clearance... are respected?

2- My goal is 225-250 hp. I'll be getting the CIVIC EX/SI greddy turbo kit TD04H-15G 8cm2 w/e-manage. I know that there're better setup with more potential. But honestly i like this one because it's bolt on and even with all the reading i've done on turbo i don't want to go over more complicated situations.

3- I wanted with Blanco advice to go with CP pistons and TT rods but just wanted to know what you think about this: eBay Motors: D16 Civic CRX Si Turbo Engine Kit Pistons Rods Gasket (item 180106570398 end time Apr-19-07 13:51:41 PDT) ? They only have 8:5:1 comp ratio and I want to keep the stock comp ratio (9:5:1) or go 9:0:1 but i can't find any forged piston with those comp ratio.

4- Is 9:5:1 or 9:0:1 a good idea?

5- Where can i get those pistons?

Thanks! Sorry for the long posting!

09-04-07_1731.jpg

09-04-07_1728.jpg

09-04-07_1725.jpg

Last edited:
good build i also have a cx that went through a similar process years ago when i first got it. i have the tanabe sustec pro type 2 and honestly they are pretty damn good for the price but i would suggest the better version that are adjustable. the great thing about building a d turbo motor is if you blow it up they are so cheap and easy to get. i say you go with a higher compression and just tune it properly. phearable.net is awesome for a chipped setup, i have used him several times and have nothing but praise. good luck and nice start!

good build i also have a cx that went through a similar process years ago when i first got it. i have the tanabe sustec pro type 2 and honestly they are pretty damn good for the price but i would suggest the better version that are adjustable. the great thing about building a d turbo motor is if you blow it up they are so cheap and easy to get. i say you go with a higher compression and just tune it properly. phearable.net is awesome for a chipped setup, i have used him several times and have nothing but praise. good luck and nice start!

Thanks!:thumbsup:

It's going to take a month or two before i finish the z6 buiding and geting the turbo parts.
I've decided to take the d15b from the del sol and put it in the eh23 project. While i'll be waiting for the build my focus will be on suspension parts and tire / wheels.

I need to buy a new clucth + pressure plate and flywheel . Wanted to know which one should i go with (there is so much). Any suggestions (brand stage weight) will be great. Thanks!

if you dont wanna go to light on the flywheel, ACT makes a 12lb FW

update

Engine bay painted.

15-04-07_2154.jpg

15-04-07_2153.jpg

15-04-07_2147.jpg

15-04-07_2147.jpg

15-04-07_2152.jpg

15-04-07_2151.jpg

15-04-07_2150.jpg

15-04-07_2149.jpg

15-04-07_2149.jpg

Going to buy the sp2 tomorrow hope will found everything i need in that store!

Back