My New Ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KWJaY

I finally got rid of my jeep and got a car, 2000 Black civic Si
so far the mods include:

Aem V2 Cold Air intake

Ground control adjustable coil over kit

camber kit

ill get some pics up later this week, oh and sohcslammer, what kinda deal will Pan auto do on a turbo for this car, im looking to get one within 6 months or so(i live in north san diego and my friend has had work done at Pan before)
thx

yep, but i dont wanna pay like 200 for an icebox when i have cai thats ok i dont have the biggest budget but my plans are:

Turbo
Stand alone
ITR tranny
Wieght reduction(strip back seats, jack spare, oem cf hood, moderatly lightwieght racing seats)
my goal is to run it at about 12psi Dialy driven

what do you all think :p

Originally posted by KWJaY@Oct 24 2003, 01:47 AM
yep, but i dont wanna pay like 200 for an icebox when i have cai thats ok i dont have the biggest budget but my plans are:

Turbo
Stand alone
ITR tranny
Wieght reduction(strip back seats, jack spare, oem cf hood, moderatly lightwieght racing seats)

i think that your gonna need a lil bit more than those mods to run 12 psi daily.

Originally posted by KWJaY@Oct 24 2003, 12:30 AM
I finally got rid of my jeep and got a car, 2000 Black civic Si
so far the mods include:

Aem V2 Cold Air intake

Ground control adjustable coil over kit

camber kit

ill get some pics up later this week, oh and sohcslammer, what kinda deal will Pan auto do on a turbo for this car, im looking to get one within 6 months or so(i live in north san diego and my friend has had work done at Pan before)
thx

sweet! :thumbsup:

BTW, the reason the Ice Box makes more power than a standard CAI is because 1) its plastic and doesnt transfer the engine heat to the intake airflow 2) the filter is located closer to the throttle body, like a short ram.

you can get by around reason #1 by wrapping your intake in heat reduction tape or just plain duct tape (which wont look as good).

Turbo
Stand alone
ITR tranny

i dont think i'd run the itr tranny on a turbo setup...if you are making any sort of power you will be sitting at the line spinning the tires through the first three gears...personally i like the ls tranny for daily driving, good gas mileage

the gsr tranny is a nice median

Black SI's are bad luck I am telling you. I have to agree though, you will need some more mods to run 12 psi daily.

Turbo
Stand alone
ITR tranny

think you're gonna need a bigger budget for all that. shit aint cheap bro

Originally posted by SolReaver+Oct 24 2003, 03:28 AM-->
@Oct 24 2003, 01:47 AM

Turbo
Stand alone
ITR tranny

i dont think i'd run the itr tranny on a turbo setup...if you are making any sort of power you will be sitting at the line spinning the tires through the first three gears...personally i like the ls tranny for daily driving, good gas mileage

the gsr tranny is a nice median

my .2 are fuck the gsr tranny and go ls. 1st and second gear is going to be worthless you'll have to shift right away. at highwayspeed your in the 4.5k range.

get the ls tranny over any other. youre gonna need some larger injectors bud. yeah, shit isnt cheap man. the stand alone will cost you almost as much as a turbo kit.

ya i think the itr tranny would be geared to low for boost as well youd spool to quick and spin all day long

I only wanted an ITR tranny cuz i want the LSD anf final drive, installing that on the stock tranny would be such a bitch it would be easier jut to get a new one.
I know this shit i expensive, i can get a stand alone for 1000, dunno how much a turbo kit is gunna cost yet, then cost of tuning, im not doing all this at once, ill do tranny work after the turbo stuff.

You want the ITR tranny with LS 5th gear, to keep things reasonable on the highway. And if your not pushing more than 250-275 hp, with the right driving, you wil be fine for traction with the right suspension and tires.

Back