My New Sneakers And Volks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont care what anyone says that car is saaawweeeeettt

a wing on a front wheel drive car does very little...therefore its rice.

anything larger than 16' wheels on a civic is also rice, as 15 x 7's reduce rotational mass and offer the same width as most 16's and 17's.

i consider anything that doesn't enhance performance "rice." basically, if it doesn't make the car faster or improve handling then its worthless...

Originally posted by chet@Mar 16 2003, 10:55 PM
i consider anything that doesn't enhance performance "rice." basically, if it doesn't make the car faster or improve handling then its worthless...

agreed

a wing on a front wheel drive car does very little...therefore its rice.

If you're car is slow it does little.. mine isn't.

anything larger than 16' wheels on a civic is also rice, as 15 x 7's reduce rotational mass and offer the same width as most 16's and 17's.

Yea with an expected 450 wheel HP I really wanna reduce rotational mass on my wheels. Lets let em burn even more. Also if you're not a straight line guy you might think that less sidewall on the right tire would greatly improve lateral grip and overall handling.

If you don't believe me on either account, race me. You pick the track or stoplight.

So I guess this stuff "isn't" rice since what I've said above is proven fact that the items you mentioned "do" enhance performance. If you don't think so you have much to learn. Ask any road racer. Why the hell do you think there are wings on super touring cars, F1 cars, GT series racers, Ralli cars, and even old domestic nascar superbirds? Any wing that protrudes above the roof line and or wider than the sides of the car add downforce. Additionally the angle of the wing has a dramatic effect on downforce. Watch some road racing, go take Skip Barbers racing school, go watch some option and option2 video's, and talk to some veteran road racers. Just like a body kit reduces lift, and canyards or splitters create downforce on the front of the car. So I guess if sticking to the road or track on both the front and rear of the car is something you don't want to do at high speeds (over approx. 80mph) then stick with your factory ek bump and everything else factory like econo box civics were meant to be used for. (Even the angle on the CTR wing creates mild downforce.. ya know cause it's the performance model).

Many of you kids have much to learn.

Originally posted by TripleDigitEK4@Mar 16 2003, 08:05 AM
...On a side note, my friend is from japan and comes here for school. He said in Japan everyone loves the USDM stuff we call rice cause they think we're cool. :lol:

:lol: hey thats pretty cool. so my car would be considered "cool" in JDM land?? hmmm...maybe i can make a living selling APC stuff on ebay japan :lol:

Shut up Scott!! You know your car is rice! admit it! you got that wing & those headlights from pep boys!! :p

Back