My new swap. (EG SI B16)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He gave up or figured it out and did what he was suppose to do by starting his own thread!

Last edited:
what ecu are you running.. It it chipped? It might have full throttle lonch/

surging does sound like a intake leak but it dosnt surge at idle it also sounds like the rev limiter kicking in early

very clean eg but I like my girls without bras haha. Have you dyno'd her yet? What kind of exhaust and suspension are you rockin?

Dyno with CTR Camshafts/adj gears/ECU soon

Rockin' Neuspeed Race springs (10yrs old+) and KYB base level shocks

Mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust with cat/dynomax resonator/dynomax muffler/DC 4-1 2.25" CARB legal header

Put my hatch to the top. Anyone got a 5-Speed P30 USDM ECU?

I have a USDM B16a2 ECU with ABS unit for sale.

Along with the B16a2 wiring harness, but I may need the injector plugs and the dizzy plug. Here's why...

I just picked up a B16a2 engine and I'm struggling with the wiring harness.

My car is a 1995 Civic Si (EG) and I believe I can use my wiring harness providing I use the OBD2 injector plugs wired to my OBD1 wiring harness as well as the OBD2 dizzy clip wired to my OBD1 wiring harness.

But, there is a plug with 2 thick wires, both black with a stripe that connected to something below the passenger side of the dizzy. And what am I to do with the plug on the drivers side that is for the Crank Position Sensor? :confused:

I have a P30, OBD1 that can be mapped for the B16a2, as well as a P72 OBD1 ecu that could be mapped for the B16a2. Apparently Teknotix in Toronto reprograms ECU's.

I've researched this several times since Sunday and I found out that I can use an OBD2 GS-R or Type R wiring harness for my swap as it is the 2 piece design were as the OBD2 B16a2 wiring harness is one piece to the ECU.

Thanks!

I have a USDM B16a2 ECU with ABS unit for sale.

Along with the B16a2 wiring harness, but I may need the injector plugs and the dizzy plug. Here's why...

I just picked up a B16a2 engine and I'm struggling with the wiring harness.

My car is a 1995 Civic Si (EG) and I believe I can use my wiring harness providing I use the OBD2 injector plugs wired to my OBD1 wiring harness as well as the OBD2 dizzy clip wired to my OBD1 wiring harness.

But, there is a plug with 2 thick wires, both black with a stripe that connected to something below the passenger side of the dizzy. And what am I to do with the plug on the drivers side that is for the Crank Position Sensor? :confused:

I have a P30, OBD1 that can be mapped for the B16a2, as well as a P72 OBD1 ecu that could be mapped for the B16a2. Apparently Teknotix in Toronto reprograms ECU's.

I've researched this several times since Sunday and I found out that I can use an OBD2 GS-R or Type R wiring harness for my swap as it is the 2 piece design were as the OBD2 B16a2 wiring harness is one piece to the ECU.

Thanks!

You should start your own thread about these tech questions.

But hell....I will give you my input. Yes....I would use your D16Z6 harness. I would run OBD1 injectors (they are all over the place) and a OBD1 dizzy....and Alternator. Your current harness will plug right in then and all you will need to do is extend a few lines....like I did. You can splice the OBD2 stuff to the OBD1 stuff and be fine as well.....But I would convert it all to OBD1 just my opinion. I also believe that a OBD2 harness in an OBD1 car leaves you with one plug off he engine harness that isn't used....although I dont know its purpose.

Got Type R Camshafts, Springs and Adj Cam Gears.

Also bought a used OEM JDM 98 spec ITR header and jsut got the new heat shields

Need to get a new Cat and mod my exhaust so I can reduce it from 2.5" to 60mm exhaust piping I have.

I'll post pics of the new header when I do it int he next few weeks.....then its a socketed ECU and a tune! Shooting for 165whp......but 160whp will be....okay

Newest Motor Picture with my old dented DC header (its got about 8-10in long dent on the down pipes)
But I got a new powder coated valve cover when I put the new cams/parts in (quite the experience)

100_1069.jpg

Dyno with CTR Camshafts/adj gears/ECU soon

Rockin' Neuspeed Race springs (10yrs old+) and KYB base level shocks

Mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust with cat/dynomax resonator/dynomax muffler/DC 4-1 2.25" CARB legal header

funny.. my b16 was damn near the same as yours..

CTR cams, DC 4-2-1 header(dented), same piping, same muffler.. i had the BLOX manifold, Hondata gasket and bored 64mm throttle body on a chipped p28 w/ custom basemap.. GSR tranny

A picture of it with the Honda Wheel Caps, aftermarket tail lights, and my new/used 98+ spec ITR header header. I put these pictures on another thread but figured I'd add it to this since it gets resurrected with stupid questions lol

100_1242.jpg

The "OEM" JDM ITR oil cap looks a little cheesy....learn and live. Had Honda part # and everything...just cheap looking

100_1236.jpg

Last edited:
Back