My new swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
Last year, about six months ago, I was forced to sell my LX. It's complicated, but the basic jist is that an old friend held the title and filed bankrupt. Car had to go, like NOW. I took a day off of work, and stripped the car. I recovered nearly everything in 11 hours.

I recently added my AEM cam gears, polished the valve cover, and changed the timing belts.

Is there ANYTHING that someone wants a picture of while I put a JDM OBD1 H22A into a 1992 Honda Accord EX?

this is a F22A6 to H22A swap. I have a digital camera, and have no problems with enlightening some of you with the finer details. Let me know by tomorrow morning, (today, <8 hours after post) if you need certain information.

This is going to be a simple swap for me. The wiring harness is almost the same, excluding the IAB difference. My mounts, hoses, and such are the same as before in the LX, and I dropped the complete exhaust system from the other car before stripping it.

Let me know :)

Are the axles on the f series tranny interchangeable with the axles on an h tranny? Say from a f22a1 series equipped prelude?

I believe so. I'm pretty sure dohcvtec_accord said that they were the same part number. Either way, I just use my stock axles, and they work perfectly. I don't even have a intermediate shaft to mess with.

They're definitely interchangeable. After I did my H22 swap into my 95 Accord, I reused the axles that I had been using with my F22B1.

If you haven't done it yet, take pictures of every single step. It would be a good swap guide for the site.

I did take step by step pictures. I've written a ton of things down. But just a few days ago I found a pretty decent guide that I can link to. I may write an article, but I haven't touched a manual swap. I know there aren't many changes, but I hate to half ass anything.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Feb 23 2005, 12:48 PM
What about the shift linkage? Same same, or get the new one?
[post=465135]Quoted post[/post]​

same

Originally posted by tab@Feb 23 2005, 02:11 PM
I did take step by step pictures. I've written a ton of things down. But just a few days ago I found a pretty decent guide that I can link to. I may write an article, but I haven't touched a manual swap. I know there aren't many changes, but I hate to half ass anything.
[post=465218]Quoted post[/post]​

If you do have the time, write something up- that was HondaSwap can have an Accord swap guide of its own. :thumbsup:

Back